Fly Fusion Forums

Double Anchor System For 12 Ft Aluminum?

Current

Hi All,

Does anyone have any links to show what to use and how to install a double (bow and stern) anchor system for a stillwater setup?

I have an old 12 foot aluminum that I use for fly fishing small lakes and am looking to set it up a bit better.

Thanks for any links or recommendations.

Cheers!

C

I have the Scotty anchor locks on my spratley. They work great. You'd need to check the dimensions to ensure you could bolt them on your boat. I'm sure the bow cap is big enough, but no sure the back corners.

I have run 20lb cannon balls, but have lost a few for various reasons. One my clip popped open not once but twice on the rocky bottom of POL (able to retrieve one cannon ball with my net), and one had the ring pull out of the lead In a super mucky lake in the EK.

Two 15s is probably good, I just couldn't find them. Cannon balls are cheaper than "real" anchors. I think I paid $40 each at Canadian tire for the 20s.

• Like 2

Thanks, guys. Is this the Scotty anchor lock you are suggesting?

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/9028/scotty-anchor-lock

Something like this should work!

Yes that's what i use.You can choose to install that base,say on the inside,or outside.There is also a flush mt.Which is very good when your using a load my boat,loader,nothing to bump into,or hangup.You can also use those bases for rod holders,beverage etc.

• Like 1

I run 2 15lb pyramid anchors, front and back. I used to use cannon balls, but as tallieho1 said, pyramids hold, cannonballs don't.

Once the wind gets above 25km/hr a 15lb anchor is not going to hold

Who cares? If the wind is high enough to blow me off my anchors, it is high enough to make the fishing miserable. Get off the water and wait for the wind to die down.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, guys. I think I'll pick up a couple of the Scottys. I have a couple of the rod holders and also the clamp-on attachments so I haven't had to drill holes. They'll probably work for the anchors too until I decide to permanently install them. Any tips/videos for installing these?

Just get the drill out and go for it?

I run 2 15lb pyramid anchors, front and back. I used to use cannon balls, but as tallieho1 said, pyramids hold, cannonballs don't.

Who cares? If the wind is high enough to blow me off my anchors, it is high enough to make the fishing miserable. Get off the water and wait for the wind to die down.

Prof, your bc lakes are showing. Haha we have to put up with a lot of *hit in alberta. 25km/h is a fishing day around these parts!