Fly Fusion Forums

Best Small Town South Of Calgary

Well we've decided to move from the Rockies to the flat lands to be closer to the grand kids. Mostly interested in the Black Diamond,Turner Valley area and surrounding towns.

We'd prefer a smaller town with a good music seen (wife a great singer). Also my brother mentioned that this area has allot of sour gas wells with associated aroma.

Sure would appreciate some advice.

Ray

Longview always piqued my interest.

15 mins from black diamond. Closer to k country. Longview saloon has live music all the time.

Just a cool little spot.

How could I have forgotten Longview? Your right, great choice!

• Like 1

Any of towns mentioned are of high interest. She has a love for R+B but any type of country would be close second.

Not sure what the arch is!!! Plan is for me to spend allot of time in the area this summer, wife would move down in the fall and we spend sometime living in the area to see if it meets our needs. Got it pretty sweet here in Jasper so don't want to pull the pin and not like the area. Is the Sheep worth fishing in the Turner Valley area??

Ray

I always liked Blackie and the immediate area East of High River as well, but most people are partial and willing to pay for the mountain views. Would be from one extreme to the other going from Jasper to the baldass.

As for the sour gas wells, no, you won't notice them. There are hundreds more within 100 km of Jasper than there is near Turner Valley.

I've seen some great shows at the Nanton Auditorium. They've pulled some pretty sweet acts in their day. Can't speak about the town itself but seems like a quaint place with some neat shops from strictly a fly-by point of view. You could always go the acreage route on the outskirts of a town. Get the amenities of a larger population base but the solitude to quickly return to. Some nice places between Okotoks and Black Diamond/Turner Valley with some great streams really close.

Theres some really good spots north west of town as well. Carolines really nice and small. I had a place in Sundre for awhile and loved it out there, tons of fishing. Between red deer and Calgary there some really nice spots just west.

Just saying.

Theres some really good spots north west of town as well. Carolines really nice and small. I had a place in Sundre for awhile and loved it out there, tons of fishing. Between red deer and Calgary there some really nice spots just west.

Just saying.

Caroline is a nice place to live very small and quiet, west country out the back door. Problem for guys like me who work long days is it's very inconvenient to get anything after 5pm. This is why I moved back to Rocky.

Definitely Sundre over Caroline.