Fly Fusion Forums

A Trip That Meant More Than One Can Explain

PeteZahut

Talk about a feel good story. I'm sorry to hear about your personal troubles, life can be cruel. I have met Dave and his wife when they were coming to the FF expo years ago. I thought they were both CLASS acts then and this story says they still are.

By the looks of the pictures, it was a trip to remember and in beautiful country. Glad to hear you are able to resume an activity you love.

Murray

I haven't had the pleasure of fishing with Dave, but a couple friends of mine have, and like you, have nothing but great things to say about him and his fishing skills.

And, judging by the articles he writes for Fly Fusion, his history, and background, I can't think of a better couple than Dave and Amelia to take over for Alberta Fishing Guide.

All that said, I am glad that you had a trip to remember after all the health issues that you have had to endure over the last couple years. I hope that you are able to continue to follow your passion of fly fishing as you learn to deal and live with your condition.

Great pictures and an even better story, thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I could have gone on and on about the day but some of that is just for me. I keep getting stronger and hopefully only one more surgery to go. I don't however feel sorry for myself nor do I let any of this stand in my way. With acceptance of slight modifications of what I can do, I will continue to do what I love when I want.

• Like 8

Wow man, really glad you where able to forget about life for awhile. Im a chrones (ulcerative colitis) guy as well, I've lost 60 lbs in the last 2.5 years and i consider myself lucky because haven't had and plumbing removed yet! A good friend of mine just had her anus sewed shut :( its really awful. That said it takes every aspect of your life over because you feel like *hit on a regular basis. People just dont understand. Ive had 6 colonoscopys in the last 4 years, I've refused to do the last two because of how much it hurts at this point. I swear to god they left something in there last time :( Not many days go by, where you dont feel bad enough to worry about it! this escape was awesome for you!!!

Anyways buddy, real glad you and your wife where able to get out and do this, you've got great friends.

Great to dave for hooking you guys up.

Thanks for sharing that Pete, glad your getting back to the things you love in life.

I've never fished with Dave or Amelia but they motivated me to be a much better fly fisherman. I doubled the size of my PB brown because of their video's . I don't know why but everytime I see Dave and Amelia it makes me think of Joan and Lee Wolfe or Barry and Cathy beck, Dave and Amelia Whitlock. Still blows me away watching their video's even though I've watched them a hundred times each lol

Guys I too am my own worst enemy when it come to a scope as I resist, but they can sedate you as well. That is the only way I can do it now. And they are so important for men over 40. Hell the finger is bad enough, let alone the scope. The Dr said you have to relax, Yah right, I said let met do this for you and see how you relax. They did not appreciate that. With all the stuff just mentioned that members are and have been going through, it sure puts things in prospective.

Wow foamy, sorry you have to deal with Crohns but glad to hear you have not to have plumbing removed. That is such a crappy thing about crohns, even if you remove some it could come back somewhere else. At least with my UC we got rid of the whole thing. Now I deal with other issues, we all have our battles.

I hear you about the scopes. I hated the prep more then then the scope.

Be well all! And thanks again for being such a supportive group of people.