Fly Fusion Forums

Like An Nasty Std, I'm Back ;)

Just thought I would pop in and say hello to a bunch of old friends and hopefully some new ones. The last two years have been a whirlwind of diapers, ankle-biter chasing, and few short failed attempts at getting a line out here and there. As amazing as fatherhood has been I am jonesing to wet a line. Sandy and I have been working opposite days since Charlie was born so the fishing days have been basically non-existant. I finally figured out the trick to getting out, get him into daycare, then book the day off! So I am going to toddle down to the VRC and get my license today, and hope to catch up on alot of missed fishing days. I basically had to stop visiting the site, it was killing me not being able to cast a fly, but as many of you know, family responsibilities come first! (and to be honest I wouldn't trade the last two years for anything in the world)

I'll be looking to some of you more experienced parents to get some advice on when and how I get the little guy started but for now I just want to get myself out and enjoy a little me time.

Thanks to Pete, Rob and Paul for the regular visits, I appreciated the company, even if I had to take a little abuse for my lack of river time LOL

Anyway, happy to be back in a fly-casting state of mind! Here is a pic of Charlie and the Jeep which is all ready now for secret spot hunting!

PPP2_zps3svbluvy.jpg

post-33-0-44232200-1427925376_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Good to hear your back at it.

As far as getting the kids into the sport: it starts early. Get them outside, exploring and discovering. Focus on the natural things that get them excited (eg. bugs, birds, etc.). Plet them guise the way for the most part. That lays the foundation for a lot of good things, fishing included.

• Like 1

Kids will do it to you thats for sure. Wait till he starts playing hockey :) I have three between the ages of 6 and 12, they all play hockey, do the math, we need to hire someone. With the 10 and 12 year old, they can be left at home alone now so thats a win!!!!!!! I live across the street from the river so that makes it easy to run down for and hr or two. Young kids are the easy part, once they start to grow up and do things your time will be completely gone!!! Hockeys just one thing, its not school, friends, sleepovers, birthday parties, soccer, dance etc. not to mention they're always sick (my youngest has been in the hospital twice in the last 4 days, very stressful) its all go no quit. Then one day he'll get asked to sleep over at a buddies and you wont know what to do while he's gone lol.

• Like 1