Fly Fusion Forums

What Are You Tying 2015 Edition

AndyR

Guest bigdirty

Naturals over synthetics

IMG_20150210_110313_zpsilu6n5us.jpg

Rabbit and wool over polar chenille, EP fibers and an EP 5" brush all trimmed. EP brush over the UV polar chenille to veil it a little. Haven't fished this, come on weather.

• Like 4

A little something for anyone considering a trip to the coast in search of sea run cutts. Over the years I have fished many different patterns on Vancouver Island when pursuing cutties and they all produced at one time or another, however since seeing dabblers for the first time on another forum they just cried Sea Run Cuts. They have out produced any other fly in my box when it comes to cuts. For anyone who may be interested Davie Mcphail has a great video on how to tie them. Here is a pic of one that I use on the coast.

P1110438_zps9b201d6b.jpg

• Like 5

A little something for anyone considering a trip to the coast in search of sea run cutts. Over the years I have fished many different patterns on Vancouver Island when pursuing cutties and they all produced at one time or another, however since seeing dabblers for the first time on another forum they just cried Sea Run Cuts. They have out produced any other fly in my box when it comes to cuts. For anyone who may be interested Davie Mcphail has a great video on how to tie them. Here is a pic of one that I use on the coast.

P1110438_zps9b201d6b.jpg

love...

• Like 1

Starting the day off with an awesome summer pattern I discovered last year, the Stoneflopper. Just curious, what is everyone's favorite colors for hoppers? My fly box now consists of a lot of tans and brown as they worked well last year, but I think I need to expand a bit.

MbqS0FM.jpg

The whole batch so far:

c20xLNe.jpg

• Like 3

Starting the day off with an awesome summer pattern I discovered last year, the Stoneflopper. Just curious, what is everyone's favorite colors for hoppers? My fly box now consists of a lot of tans and brown as they worked well last year, but I think I need to expand a bit.

MbqS0FM.jpg

The whole batch so far:

c20xLNe.jpg

These two colours are a good pair :)