Fly Fusion Forums

I'm A Wanta Be

After being nominated as a curmudgeon, I headed for the net to find put what the collective wisdom defined as a "curmudgeon" and found http://m.wikihow.com/Become-a-Full-Fledged-Curmudgeon.

If I'm not there yet, please feel free to point out the shortcomings & I'll work on the issue.

Bah hum bug!

Don

• 4 months later...

Don't know nothin' about no blue pills but maybe the odd yellow one now and then......

And I thought a Grass Master woulda known that a prick is a transcended curmudgeon.. you know, existence on a higher plain if you will.

Nope, too uninspired to chop any hole let alone one big enough to float a pontoon. Playin' with the Scotties and buildin' my version of a star anchor will do for now. Drill stem and 3/4 inch rod for the arms and stuff'r full of wheel weights, 8-10lb should be enough no?

Taco,

You are making an anchor for....

I use a 5 lb lead anchor for most places including Police except when it is blowing over 30 mph. Then I run a 10 lber. In softt bottom lakes all you will need is a 5 lber. For sandy bottom lakes like Bullshead, an anchor that digs in is important.

In near 100 days in a pontoon boat in 2014, I used the 5 lbers for all but two days. River fishing requires a different anchor.

Don

That ain't mine, that's a robbed pic of a 30lber that Outcast sells, you girls have trouble with the word Similar ? Mine should be roughly 6" wide chunk of 4"(?) drill stem with the wheel weights to bring it up to 10-12 lbs, the ends welded shut with 1/4" plate and 10 pieces of 3/4" solid rod welded on for star arms, Don't know if I want the tie off point in the middle of the anchor like above or on the end. I'm fatter than Don and catch more wind.

Had one of those style from Hyde for my drift boat. Got rid of it after 1st use. It just bounces along the rocky bottom. Went back to pyramid style. Being round-ish, like my standby cement filled paint can for the tinnie, it rolls off uneven bottoms.

my 2cents.

If you check back it's Don that started the derail.... besides one of the signs of curmudgeonry is a wanderin' mind...........................

???? Now where was I ??????

And in keeping with Don's hijack here's what I came up with.

BKW1Ye.jpg
WHYiAR.jpg

Need's about 3 lbs of wheel weights to bring it up to 12lbs and the top welded on. May get it powder coated, I got some other stuff I built headed for the coaters anyway

taco; are you welding the pipes ends closed.me thinks micro organisms[rock snot] etc..

I went thru one of those,boat wash things the gov't was doing.Came back from Montana.They took the hubcaps,of the trailer wheels.flushed the bunks etc.