Fly Fusion Forums

I Like Boobies ;)

The last four weeks i have fished the lakes of Jasper again. We've been comming to Canada and Jasper for thirteen years to visit our friends and fish the lakes and rivers. In all those years i never fished Patricia lake properly so with the other lakes i usually fish being slow probably due to the hot weather i decided to give Patricia a go. Once i was out on the water in my floattube i started fishing deep with all kind of flies under a bobber, after two hours of switching flies and not even a nibble i switched to another rod with a sinking line. My rod was still set up for lake oostvoorne, a lake i fish back here in the Netherlands. The rod is setup with a full sinking line, a 6ft leader and a booby fly. I figured i might aswell try the setup like it was, and am i ever glad that i did. Within 10 minutes i got a hard strike and after a 15 minutes fight i landed a 6lbs lake trout. Convinced i got lucky i started fishing again and within 5 minutes i was fighting a 7lbs laker. That day i caught two more lakers and the four more days i fished there after the first one i caught 28 more lakers with the biggest one being 75 cm and 10 lbs :) All the fish were caught on one pattern, so that's why i love boobies.

Grtz,

Zuggbugg

41BDEF26-132E-492D-9F3D-51B50469FF52_zps

879E7E81-3E1B-415B-873C-0119C7D38DF0_zps

62F03A21-E9B4-4474-8682-C2FE6D959A92_zps

1979651E-0A70-4D37-8816-03C4020D14DA_zps

AE45A269-3CFD-4CB1-AACB-440C85D443E5_zps

• Like 9

Guest bigdirty

Obviously obnoxious ogling and groping..... Sheesh! I gotta 'splain everythang

haha yes! was a half serious question though...

Thanks guys,

There are big rainbows in Patricia aswell, i only managed to catch lakers so i have to target the rainbows next year. Fortunately i'll get to fish in June and July so hopefully the rainbows will be more active.

Grtz,

Zuggbugg