Fly Fusion Forums

Iphone To Galaxy S4 Or Galaxy To Iphone

I am due to get a new phone and am undecided on which phone to get.

I am not looking for someone to tell me which one is the best, I know they are both great phones.

Is what I am looking for is someone who has had a iphone and went to a android, Or the other way around. Are you happy with your choice? Are you going to switch back? Any pros or cons. Any info based on personal experiences are welcome

Thanks wayne

I have an iphone and an andriod tablet. The tablet drives me bonkers. So many freezes and restarts. Plus the app selection i dont find very good. Specificly with microsoft docs. I just upgraded my iphone to the 5s and its faster then my tablet. Which is only 6 months old.

I have an iPhone 5 for work and Galaxy S3 as a personal cell. What I can say is that the screen size alone makes the Samsung a better choice. Also, the new iOS 7 update pretty much just added features that Android already had now for a few years. For a long time, no one could touch iPhone, now, they're playing catch up. If you have Apple stock, sell it now! Have you seen the Microsoft Surface versus iPad commercial?

I have the galaxy s3 phone and is a very nice phone and like it much better then the iphone as the apps are available and most of them are free. the only thing i will tell you i have dropped my wifes Iphone 5 numerous time and it is still solid. I dropped my Samsung once, it fell maybe a foot and half on to a coffee table at the doctors office and the screen is shattered. done some research and it is a major flaw in the design. the cost to repair... $300 to $350. and yes it had a case with adequate protection (Otter defender).

Next phone will be the Iphone for me. $600 for a phone that breaks so easy..forget it.

m

I went from BB for work to an android HTC One. I absolutely love this phone and doubt I would go to apple. My wife as the iPhone and loves it. Hard to give recommendations. Just do some research on the options and see what meets your needs best. All the phones these days are amazing.

I will admit it---I am a technology whore. I use Linux (main deskop and media servers), Windows (gaming and laptop), OS X (laptop), Android (phone and tablet) and iOS (iPods).

I hate iOS---I lasted one day before returning my iPhone. The last iOS update actually brought most of the Android functionality to the device (finally received multi-tasking...yay). The worst part of iOS is that you have to use iTunes to make your phone useful. I cannot believe that people willingly commit to using such second rate software. iTunes runs OK on OS X, but it is the worst resource pig on Windows; it does not run on Linux.

iOS seems snappy, but it is because of the way iOS threads the visualization. iOS has way more apps, but, more often than not, you will have to pay for them.

If you plan on getting a phone on Telus contract, I would go with the Galaxy S4. If you are on Rogers, I would go with the Motorola Moto X. If you really want the next best thing, wait for 3 weeks for the Nexus 5 (but you will have to buy this phone outright).

Ideologically, Apples walled garden is a detriment to technological advancement. All they have done in the last 3 years is iterate, not innovate. Android is open source and works flawlessly with all my hardware and is not program dependent for functionality (gah...iTunes).

• Like 2

I convinced my wife to get rid of her iphone, it was a hard sell but after 2 month she's very pleased. She now prefers the way the "apps" operate (she runs a shop over her phone) and cant believe how much better reception she gets traveling around southern Alberta. If you're just a city folk that never leaves service area/ wifi I'm sure an Iphone is awesome, I work with 3 guys with Iphone 5's and they have all had major crashes after being out of service area for more than a day or two. The wife's old Iphone was the same way after a few weeks at the cabin. They need updates or they just don't work. The reception is just awful as well with the new Iphones, I can place calls/ get 4g and the guys I work with aren't even receiving messages (all on telus or bell). The best "free" phones as of a month ago were through Kudo, I will never sign another deal with Telus or Rogers (who my wife was with) after the offers they made to "loyal" customers. Kudo saved us $30/ month on the wife's phone switching from Rogers, im stuck with Telus for another year myself.. blah. I'm going waterproof with me next phone too, technology has come a long way.

I convinced my wife to get rid of her iphone, it was a hard sell but after 2 month she's very pleased. She now prefers the way the "apps" operate (she runs a shop over her phone) and cant believe how much better reception she gets traveling around southern Alberta. If you're just a city folk that never leaves service area/ wifi I'm sure an Iphone is awesome, I work with 3 guys with Iphone 5's and they have all had major crashes after being out of service area for more than a day or two. The wife's old Iphone was the same way after a few weeks at the cabin. They need updates or they just don't work. The reception is just awful as well with the new Iphones, I can place calls/ get 4g and the guys I work with aren't even receiving messages (all on telus or bell). The best "free" phones as of a month ago were through Kudo, I will never sign another deal with Telus or Rogers (who my wife was with) after the offers they made to "loyal" customers. Kudo saved us $30/ month on the wife's phone switching from Rogers, im stuck with Telus for another year myself.. blah. I'm going waterproof with me next phone too, technology has come a long way.

Koodo is owned and runs on the same network as telus. Also Rogers has a larger 4g network in alberta then telus. I have gone weeks out of service with my iphone and never had any problems with returning to a serviced area.

I done both. Started with Android htc hero > iphone4 > galaxy note2.

I would say if you are happy with iphone screen size and not too tech savvy, you cannot go wrong with iphone.

There are more choices in android world, the only reason I switch from iphone to note2 is due to the larger screen.

I can do the same thing on my iphone and android. I think it's really come down to what you prefer, screen/bateery/size/looking/etc.

Koodo is owned and runs on the same network as telus. Also Rogers has a larger 4g network in alberta then telus. I have gone weeks out of service with my iphone and never had any problems with returning to a serviced area.

Same owners as Telus, I'm told that's different than being owned by Telus. Ill take $30 off my bill over and over and will switch if its still cheaper down the road. Rogers is the most expensive biggest bunch of liars out there, I don't even consider them an option. Glad your Iphone works after leaving service area, I've yet to see a happy customer among the guys I work with. Chinese orphan sweat shop phones as we like to call them.. Just observations from someone who spends lots of time in remote areas.

Same owners as Telus, I'm told that's different than being owned by Telus. Ill take $30 off my bill over and over and will switch if its still cheaper down the road. Rogers is the most expensive biggest bunch of liars out there, I don't even consider them an option. Glad your Iphone works after leaving service area, I've yet to see a happy customer among the guys I work with. Chinese orphan sweat shop phones as we like to call them.. Just observations from someone who spends lots of time in remote areas.

Its not just same owners it is owned and operated by telus. Also im assuming you have a samsung, which makes 26% of the parts for the iphone. SO the iphone is only 74% sweatshop work haha.

Its not just same owners it is owned and operated by telus. Also im assuming you have a samsung, which makes 26% of the parts for the iphone. SO the iphone is only 74% sweatshop work haha.

To be honest I kind of oppose having to have a smart phone in general. Needed to have email/ a few functions for work otherwise I would have avoided them altogether. My newest phone is a HTC, I don't even know who builds it, could be built by apple for all I know. I wanted the Samsung but they were on backorder when my old phone had an unfortunate accident rendering it useless, I took what they had and its been working fine. I do like the bigger screen, but as I only have my phone on my body when absolutely necessary I would think some would find it bulky.

Iphone to HTC One. I chose the HTC over the Galaxy as the Galaxy is a bit more geared toward social media applications than the HTC. And the HTC is a better build, a bit more robust. That said, the Galaxy sounds like a great phone as well. It does not feel bulky to it at all, in fact I prefer it to the Iphone for size (and function for that matter). My only issue is the screen seems to have a bit more glare in direct sunlight than the IPhone did, but that is in no way outweighed by the things I like (seems to handle apps better, FAST, better reception).

FYI, HTC is made by HTC. Here is a quote from a review site:

"High Tech Computer Corporation, or HTC, is a major player in the wireless marketplace. Originally HTC made phones for other manufacturers, but more recently has made a big splash by putting their own name on an array of exciting, cutting edge devices"

• Like 1

Had an iphone for 3 years, had an s3 for 8 months and I hate it, screen cracked really easily and the battery gets super hot, plus it takes a long time to charge. Don't feel like getting bent over until my contract is up so I'll stick with it for another year....

FYI, the iPhone 5 gets hot and takes a good while to charge too. I believe all these phones use Gorilla Glass 2, which I've found does scratch a lot easier than the original Gorilla Glass, but it is lighter and thinner, so I guess that's the compromise.

Rumor has it that Samsung will release the Galaxy S5 in February, it may include water/dust resistance. If you can't wait until then Sony's Xperia Z is available now with water/dust resistance. I've owned a Galaxy S4 since June and am still thrilled with it - no screen protection and not a mark on it.

It just dawned on me that if they can make cameras waterproof, dustproof, shockproof, freezeproof and even crushproof (all within limits), then why can't they start doing this with phones? I know phones have to have speakers and mics and have a lot more glass, but c'mon, get working on that tech!!!!

Just a heads up, if you get an S4 (like I just did) and you activate "blocking mode" to disable notifications overnight.. just make sure you change the blocking mode settings to not include your alarm. I got screwed today because my alarm for work was "blocked" lol