Fly Fusion Forums

The Fishing Trivia Game

Its raining so thought I would try a new idea: A question is asked, and if you get the right answer then you get to ask the next question. There is only 1 rule!

You must avoid the temptation to use google or any other type of search function. This is knowledge that you have, not that the internet has.

Question 1: Most know that Anadramous fish are born in freshwater but spend most of their life in the saltwater (steelhead).

What is the opposite of this? What type of fish is born in the salt but spends most of its life in freshwater. Example: American Eel.

Remember NO google.

• Like 1

Great idea but my head hurts already.

I believe a Bull Shark has the ability to live in both Salt and Fresh Water environments although I am not sure about the birthing order or preference of water environments.

Here is a second hint (well not much of hint)

Couple it with Brians knowledge of latin and you might be able to figure it out.

anadramous = spawn fresh, live salt

_ _ _ _ dramous = spawn salt, live in fresh (4 letters)

easy..... CATADROMOUS FISH such as Salmon.

QUESTION 2:

Not a fish question but interesting to say the least. what does PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS mean?

Its something do with lungs and inflamation but theres to much latin in there for me to figure out the rest.

Correct!!!! Catadromous, but salmon are not as Uberfly mentioned. I think there only six species which are catadromous, and two of them I believe are eels.

Next question (even though it isnt about fishing)

PNEUMONO ( as mentioned before something with lungs)

ULTRA (probably has to do with microscopic next, something very small perhaps?)

MICROSCOPIC (very small)

SILICOVOL (something to do with the silia or silia lining?)

CANOCONIOSIS

Anyone able to add the rest, go for it cuz thats all I got.

Well since im iyching to answer as i worked in safety field mainly with oilfield and asbestos. It is an obstruction of the lungs which more commonly called copd (chronic obstucted pulmonary disease) caused by inhaling small particals such as asbestos silca etc.

What species of fish has been discovered in nose creek that could have a negative effect on our rivers ie. Bow river etc.

We should stick with this question so we can keep this game on track. From your break down it would be the inhilation of tiny particles causing inflimation to the lining of the lung.

Since its my game lets go with Drlevi question:

What species of fish has been discovered in nose creek that could have a negative effect on our rivers ie. Bow river etc.

(I think there was a report done on this in the last week on CBC, but I will give someone else a chance to answer. There is a little trick to the question if you didnt see/read the article)

Good question Drlevi