Fly Fusion Forums

2012 Fishing Regulations Are Now Up

Good to see the Athabasca rainbows protected. About time.

And now, I see (am I a year behind the times??) that you can't harvest any perch from any stocked trout lake. I wonder if that will really de-motivate / deter any future bucket biologists. With so many lakes "ruined" now anyways, I wonder how effective that regulation will be. I suppose we could wait for some of them to severely winterkill...

Smitty

Funny we have hundreds and sometimes thousands of people reading posts about bears, and having heated discussions about silly things but very little interest in the new regulations. Makes me wonder how many people actually read them.

Just a gentle reminder that we have seasonal closures on a lot of Provincial waters coming up.

Close to Calgary we have:

On April 1st - closed

The Bow River from Carseland Weir down to to the Highway 24 Bridge

The Bow River from the Bearspaw Dam to WHD Weir

On the Crowsnest River from Lundbreck Falls & Hwy 3

The Elbow River from Glenmore Reservoir down to Bow River

Please, please don't forget to read and study your reggies and buy a new license.

Makin's my ass... I don't join Geezerdom for 'nother 3 point 5 yrs

but Don does have a point about lake fissin', I've been ponderin' about upgradin' my Fatcat to a Spratley

Makin's my ass... I don't join Geezerdom for 'nother 3 point 5 yrs

but Don does have a point about lake fissin', I've been ponderin' about upgradin' my Fatcat to a Spratley

Two years for boys to join "Team Geezer". Hoping to buy a pontoon this spring to replace the one that was "borrowed". Maybe we need a team geezer fishout.

Taco,

Geezerdom is a state of mind. Not age. Age+ irascible = geezer.

See, there is a difference.

And SD - ya' a Geezers get-together would be fun.

I fish with a bunch of them now. We travel and fish all over the place. Generally we are the guys that row our pontoon. Motors are for young'uns.

Don

Taco,

You forget already - you said "Makin's my ass... I don't join Geezerdom for 'nother 3 point 5 yrs " and this was followed by "rascible? Well I'm only up to the ornery stage so I'd guess geezerdom is is still somewhere in the future.

Forgetfulness - another sign of geezerdom. It was 3.5 years wasn't it.

Don

I'm thinking I should sneak by this Geezer fish-out with a spotting scope...there is a chance you old buggers might have learned a thing in the decades you have been harassing fish. Seeing a group of guys as old as dirt fissin' might be inspiring. I think Terry may need some ornery lessons though, he's still got a good attitude.