Fly Fusion Forums

Wcffe What Toys Did You Get?

Attended my first WCFFE. Really enjoyed myself, wish I could have stayed longer, but when the lady asks to share your hobby with you and joins you......you don't want to push your luck by staying too long.

Too bad I have to wait so long to try out the new weapon. So might be fun to see what everyone grabbed while there.

I picked up a pieroway 3wt element series. Was pretty impressed with the feel, like the medium fast action. Will make a great cutty stick.

Only 5 months till mountain streams open. Sigh!

Attended my first WCFFE. Really enjoyed myself, wish I could have stayed longer, but when the lady asks to share your hobby with you and joins you......you don't want to push your luck by staying too long.

Too bad I have to wait so long to try out the new weapon. So might be fun to see what everyone grabbed while there.

I picked up a pieroway 3wt element series. Was pretty impressed with the feel, like the medium fast action. Will make a great cutty stick.

Only 5 months till mountain streams open. Sigh!

I spent the whole weekend at the show sitting at either one of two booths. Tied up a few flies, gave away most of them, and talked to lots of people. I went in thinking I had all of the rods that I need. Who knew that 10 ft. 5 weight Snowbee Prestige would be 40 percent off. I think it will reach out past the ice edge along shore.

Any time you can spend the weekend with a bunch of great guys is a great weekend.

Thanks Ron,Brad and Lornce.

Murray

So did you buy one Mur?!

The Mystic rods that Courtney had at his booth looked pretty nice, but they didn't bring one in a 5 wt :(

P

I spent the whole weekend at the show sitting at either one of two booths. Tied up a few flies, gave away most of them, and talked to lots of people. I went in thinking I had all of the rods that I need. Who knew that 10 ft. 5 weight Snowbee Prestige would be 40 percent off. I think it will reach out past the ice edge along shore.

Any time you can spend the weekend with a bunch of great guys is a great weekend.

Thanks Ron,Brad and Lornce.

Murray

Spent the whole weekend at the show myself, first one for me and an expensive one at that! lol! Picked up a norvise, norbobin and the dubbing brush table. Even though i need another vise like i need a hle in the head! lol! And also like Murray I also picked up a Snowbee Prestige in the 10' 5wt. Couldnt pass up the deal Courtney had, an it feels like a SWEET stick! Add to that a few books, capes and other miscelaneous items and the credit card is smoking but all worth it! Had a great time!

Those of you I did meet at the show was great to meet yas! I'm hoping to get back out here this spring for a weekend to actually put the new stick to the test! Will let you all know.

Mike

I picked up three hackle capes for dry flies finaly and some scientific anglers mastery series fly line for my 4wt. I'm having trouble casting my old line without the leader pilling up. I was using double tapered rio before and I don't think it was enough to load the fast rod. So I figure a weight forward line will turn out alright. Almost picked up a $300 z-axis 4wt but changed my mind since I've got a 4wt already and it's only used occasionally. I enjoyed the show very much, thanks to all who were involved.

So did you buy one Mur?!

The Mystic rods that Courtney had at his booth looked pretty nice, but they didn't bring one in a 5 wt :(

P

You didn't look hard enough, or at least didn't ask the right guy Lornce, pretty sure we had a 5wt single and a switch at the booth, sweet rods!!. The 8wt single felt like a 5wt when I picked it up and their Switch rods were sweet little casting sticks.. Like Murray and Mike, I too grabbed a Prestige Switch (6wt), a 13'2 7wt Beulah Platinum Spey and a 10' 5wt Beulah Platinum Switch, a couple lines, new tying /reel bag and a few other nick nacks. Was definitely great seeing lots of old friends as well as making some new ones, only 362 more days til next years.

Colin

Lornce (he has quite a few years on me and a few pounds, glasses and grey hair - no offense SD)?! I think you worked a little too hard at the show Colin!! LoL

"Peter"

You didn't look hard enough, or at least didn't ask the right guy Lornce, pretty sure we had a 5wt single and a switch at the booth, sweet rods!!. The 8wt single felt like a 5wt when I picked it up and their Switch rods were sweet little casting sticks.. Like Murray and Mike, I too grabbed a Prestige Switch (6wt), a 13'2 7wt Beulah Platinum Spey and a 10' 5wt Beulah Platinum Switch, a couple lines, new tying /reel bag and a few other nick nacks. Was definitely great seeing lots of old friends as well as making some new ones, only 362 more days til next years.

Colin

Lornce (he has quite a few years on me and a few pounds, glasses and grey hair - no offense SD)?! I think you worked a little too hard at the show Colin!! LoL"Peter"

The pounds are experience, the glasses make me look sexy and I tint my hair a Sliver Doctor Grey (yea sure). :whoot:

I picked up very nice fistful of tying mats on Saturday, between taking in presentations, etc. Want to thank Doc for hooking me up with some hard to find mats that I have been wanting to tie with. Drooled over a couple of Meiser rods, and a few drift boats. Spent all Sunday helping man the booth for the wonderful folks at FlyFusion mag. Came home very tired, but very happy.

I picked up very nice fistful of tying mats on Saturday, between taking in presentations, etc. Want to thank Doc for hooking me up with some hard to find mats that I have been wanting to tie with. Drooled over a couple of Meiser rods, and a few drift boats. Spent all Sunday helping man the booth for the wonderful folks at FlyFusion mag. Came home very tired, but very happy.

you are more than welcome, glad to help.

Lornce (he has quite a few years on me and a few pounds, glasses and grey hair - no offense SD)?! I think you worked a little too hard at the show Colin!! LoL

"Peter"

Yup definitely, almost 50 hours, sorry Lornce. And I stand corrected, it was a 4wt (I had it lined with a 5wt XS-tra distance line). 5:30 was way too early this morning. ;mornCoffee:

Colin

I picked up some tying materials, and some nice flies from a booth. 18 dollars for 12 flies is fine by me, when they're premium foam dries that go for close to 2.75-3 dollars at some stores, along with 12 nice streamers again for 18 dollars... pretty sweet deals. Otherwise, i picked up a pieroway and flymax hat, and a wicked hatches long sleeve t shirt. Also loaded up on the free stickers!

Picked up a copy of Blue Ribbon Bow by Jim McLennan, and apparently, I was the winning bidder on a Fly Max Films gift pack. Fly Max Hat, DVD, and long sleeve T-Shirt. Now I just have to figure out how to exchange the size from a M to an XL. Being 6'2" tall and 200lbs, I'm pretty sure the M won't fit at all.

I guess I shoulda checked the size before I bid lol

I cast one of those practice rods at the show from TFO, the bug launcher, and ended up getting one yesterday. They are awesome for practice during the winter. Doing reach casts around my dog is a lot of fun as well. Picked up a bunch of stickers and two magazines as well. Pretty good show this year, they need to make the casting pond longer for next year. Did it seem to anyone else that the backcast area was longer than the pond area..?

Picked up a copy of Blue Ribbon Bow by Jim McLennan, and apparently, I was the winning bidder on a Fly Max Films gift pack. Fly Max Hat, DVD, and long sleeve T-Shirt. Now I just have to figure out how to exchange the size from a M to an XL. Being 6'2" tall and 200lbs, I'm pretty sure the M won't fit at all.

I guess I shoulda checked the size before I bid lol

Just start wearing the medium like Terry, when you are selling your oranges

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=terry+reno+9...C3Cg&zoom=1