Fly Fusion Forums

No Show Guide

mkm

This is the kind of thread that made me leave the "other" forum. It is also the kind of thread that makes me a little frustrated and concerned about the direction this board might be taking. I fish to relax and enjoy nature, and take part in this forum so that I can live vicariously through other members. Well, If I lived vicariously through some of you in this thread, I would have my head in a dark hole that smells a little like s**t. <_<

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the hell, i'll jump in on this one too.

after reading this thread and spending 10min to do so that i will never get back but had nothing better to do anyway while i spend another 5 min to write this... i was thinking

granted, i'm new and in all fairness to everyone, the forum seems to be extremely open for anyone to say almost anything, which i do agree we should not be posting names etc, but the comment on the service. if someone wants the PM with the name, so be it. anyway, if this was a fully censored forum the thread would have been locked ages ago.

otherwise, this has been a good conversation and thoroughly entertaining... and then bock, bock, bock jumped into my head.

i was also beginning to wonder when MKM was going to show up to see what got started, which i am sure was not the intention. but at least we know that the whomever the guide is actually read this and stepped up to correct his/her poor judgement in their lack of communication. shows you how small the fishing community is, which is why i support the position of the mod/admin

so in the end, all is well and right again.

can i come to never never flyfishing land too? beats going to work tomorrow

I am overwhelmed by the 4 pages of replies I found when I logged on today. It truely sucks that this thread went this way but on a positive note I am happy some people, other then the regular posters, got involved to put in their two cents. This site sometimes seems to only be for a limited number of members who know "the secret spot" rather than the 1275 members that make it worthwhile for companies to pay for advertising on it. But back to the real topic. As I was the one who made the initial post I think it is only fair that I do inform you guys that the matter has been resolved. Unfortunitely, it took the attention of posting to gain resolution but ultimately the guide did man up and apologized...also offering a free trip. I hope my buddies and I can take him up on it however I already called in one favor to get the day off for a guided fishing trip and its unlikely that I will be able to call in another favor any time soon to get out for a full day on the Bow. Thanks for all your posts and I hope we can all get back to fishing again. Gotta run out for some advil after reading all the virtual beatings that took place.

mkm

I hope you do get to take advantage of the resolution and as I was reading thru all of the responses to your initial post, I noticed that you handled it perfectly.

Therefore, I too would like to offer to spend a day on the River with you and your buddy.

This year is a possibility, but the Spring might be a better option. I have a good memory and if it takes until this time next year, I'm willing to help you out.

PM me and we can see if we can set something up.

The rule about no "fishing related bashing" is mine. That is one of MY only rules. Why? Who knows because I need a rule. The original poster handled this correctly. Kudos.

I shall now LAYETH THE LOCK DOWN. Oh and y'all can bash me all you want. It bounces off me like spit on a hotstove.

Oh and too many complaints.