Holy *hit buddy..how old are you 12?

grow up..it was a joke

I'm glad to see the sense of humour and this forum is plummeting daily

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigbadbrent
I'd agree with this statement..it's not a pound of bad hamburger you bought at Safeway..there is a persons reputation, livelyhood and perhaps career at stake here..your not bashing some faceless corporation...

welcome to capitalism....The guide is providing a service, and he's putting his own career on the line by not showing up.....

When was the last time you decided just not to go into work, without calling, and its an important meeting..seems like you're risking your career..reputation..livelyhood...

Safeway didnt become so big by having there stores shut, because no one felt like showing up to go to work that day..

Any private guide, or any small business puts their livelyhood and career on risk when they decide to not show up, or perform to perfection..just like every single corporation out there...

eat or be eaten.

welcome to capitalism....The guide is providing a service, and he's putting his own career on the line by not showing up.....

When was the last time you decided just not to go into work, without calling, and its an important meeting..seems like you're risking your career..reputation..livelyhood...

Safeway didnt become so big by having there stores shut, because no one felt like showing up to go to work that day..

Any private guide, or any small business puts their livelyhood and career on risk when they decide to not show up, or perform to perfection..just like every single corporation out there...

eat or be eaten.

Ya kinda missed the point there Jack (Edit).....whatever....you should take grade 9 off next year and go to the land of Nevernever flyfishing...

there is a persons reputation, livelyhood and perhaps career at stake here..your not bashing some faceless corporation...

just to make my position clear - of course the moderators have the right to censor as they see fit, ban users from the site for whatever reason they want including petty personal ones or make everyone choose a flowery name to post if they so desire. it's their crayons (to use some else's analogy) and they can use them as they like.

my own view (and this goes for not just issues like this but many, many others) is that too many people today won't say *hit if they have a mouthful. this is a perfect example. guide didn't show and won't explain himself. clearly has no concern for his reputation or livelihood or career or he would at least respond to say sorry i screwed up.

hey if there turns out to be a legitimate reason for not showing he could explain himself and clear up the issue.

so it's ok to make public comment on a faceless corporation or big business but not this matter? that would be hypocrisy - pure and simple.

the previous board that this one has more or less replaced was milquetoast through and through. sure was hoping this would be a real forum open for public comment.

i stand by my earlier comments and will add - bock bock bock.

Guest bigbadbrent
Ya kinda missed the point there Jack (Edit).....whatever....you should take grade 9 off next year and go to the land of Nevernever flyfishing...

Insult me cause i'm young, yet don't have any actual points to put me down....does it irritate you that a young guy can make completely legitimate points?

it must..

Guest bigbadbrent
hey if there turns out to be a legitimate reason for not showing he could explain himself and clear up the issue.

so it's ok to make public comment on a faceless corporation or big business but not this matter? that would be hypocrisy - pure and simple.

exactly my point. but heads up, you might get censored..

no ones been banned, but pure utter censorship has happened..how many ppl have had their posts sent to a moderator to be approved before it hits the board..not too many, but heads up, the young kid has an opinion, better do that to him..

brwndawg,

Well first of all, we have never banned a single member from this site.

Secondly, bock, bock, bock....LOL. That is funny stuff man, I'm in tears...LOL.

i don't believe i said you did - what i said was you had the right to ban whoever for whatever.

toolman, i don't believe you've actually indicated why the name cannot be posted other than some pie in the sky fear of legal reprisal.

just to set the record straight will you post the reason the name of the gutless guide cannot be posted in a straight forward, non-sarcastic manner?

Ahhh....NO.

If you re-read the posts that I have made thus far, I have clearly explained our position and feel that it is reasonable. You obviously don't agree with it and I understand and respect your view. I have to live in this community as well and I am not about to make a bunch of enemies by allowing any bashing of the local business's or members. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

We come to this site to enjoy, enhance and share our flyfishing experiences. That's it. No other motives.

There may be other sites that allow the kind of free for all you seem to be looking for, but not this one.

bock... bock... bock....

I am overwhelmed by the 4 pages of replies I found when I logged on today. It truely sucks that this thread went this way but on a positive note I am happy some people, other then the regular posters, got involved to put in their two cents. This site sometimes seems to only be for a limited number of members who know "the secret spot" rather than the 1275 members that make it worthwhile for companies to pay for advertising on it. But back to the real topic. As I was the one who made the initial post I think it is only fair that I do inform you guys that the matter has been resolved. Unfortunitely, it took the attention of posting to gain resolution but ultimately the guide did man up and apologized...also offering a free trip. I hope my buddies and I can take him up on it however I already called in one favor to get the day off for a guided fishing trip and its unlikely that I will be able to call in another favor any time soon to get out for a full day on the Bow. Thanks for all your posts and I hope we can all get back to fishing again. Gotta run out for some advil after reading all the virtual beatings that took place.

mkm

Ahhh....NO.

If you re-read the posts that I have made thus far, I have clearly explained our position and feel that it is reasonable. You obviously don't agree with it and I understand and respect your view......There may be other sites that allow the kind of free for all you seem to be looking for, but not this one.

bock... bock... bock....

maybe you'll answer this question.

say i buy something at shop x and it turns out to be defective and i go back to shop x and they say no it's not defective, not covered by warranty and you're not getting your money back (for argument's sake say i'm in the right here not the shop). is it the position of the mods on this board that i would not be allowed to post (or you'd delete the post if i made one) and explain my situation that shop x has bad service, won't honour the products they sell and others should be aware of that before they give their money to shop x?

i honestly thought such a post would be allowed and welcomed by users of the forum which is why i'm asking the question.

edit add on - aahhh interesting that it took posting here for mkm to get a resolution. i think most businesses want to know when their is a problem (perceived or actual) to resolve it. which is why many of them have signs up saying stuff like "did we do good tell others did we do bad tell us"

I am overwhelmed by the 4 pages of replies I found when I logged on today. It truely sucks that this thread went this way but on a positive note I am happy some people, other then the regular posters, got involved to put in their two cents. This site sometimes seems to only be for a limited number of members who know "the secret spot" rather than the 1275 members that make it worthwhile for companies to pay for advertising on it. But back to the real topic. As I was the one who made the initial post I think it is only fair that I do inform you guys that the matter has been resolved. Unfortunitely, it took the attention of posting to gain resolution but ultimately the guide did man up and apologized...also offering a free trip. I hope my buddies and I can take him up on it however I already called in one favor to get the day off for a guided fishing trip and its unlikely that I will be able to call in another favor any time soon to get out for a full day on the Bow. Thanks for all your posts and I hope we can all get back to fishing again. Gotta run out for some advil after reading all the virtual beatings that took place.

mkm

Dude, if you can't get a day off, I'll be happy to take that free day of guided fishing.

You're welcome. ;)

Oh...My...God...

I cant believe i just wasted 10 minutes reading this whole thread, this was the most ridiculous off topic thread i've ever seen. I cant believe it has like 1200 views or something.

But in another off topic note...

i think we need to have a tilly... Brent vs Brownstone...Boat launch 9pm...

Haha get a little bit of the jokes out of them :P

brwndawg,

We also don't allow business, outfitters or private guides, to post about their problems with suppliers, customers, manufacturers and associates either. We remain neutral and won't get involved with the business that is bieng conducted between the shops and their suppliers, associates, customers, members. Hope this makes our position clear to everyone.

exactly my point. but heads up, you might get censored..

no ones been banned, but pure utter censorship has happened..how many ppl have had their posts sent to a moderator to be approved before it hits the board..not too many, but heads up, the young kid has an opinion, better do that to him..

I have to say that what Brent has to say has a point. On the old FFC board I moved from FFA because it got shut down. So I introduced myself here and I got humiliated with what I said on the FFA board by a particular someone. My post in defense was then deleted and then before anyone realized I objected the thread disappeared.

This made me a little frustrated, but I figured that the guy was a good (he is) and I ignored it.

Sorry to bring this up but I felt that this little injustice might be added to this pointless, rambling thread :)