Fly Fusion Forums

Some Gems From 2010

Buck

Well as spring is just around the corner, I’d like to share some of my moments from 2010. It was a great year overall, I had the opportunity to explore a ton of new water and lands with some buddies. The pictures below are not ALL fish unfortunately; however I’ve found that it’s not always the fish that make the experience memorable; a lot of the time it is the journey that we undertake to catch those fish that is what we remember. Enjoy, and I would appreciate any feedback, critiques, etc.

Sometimes it can just be a little to cold to fish.

img_3234709.jpg

Had some fun on the boat

IMG_8618.jpg

A pool in Slovenia

IMG_7557-1.jpg

ANTS!

IMG_6341.jpg

IMG_6203.jpg

IMG_6154.jpg

IMG_6058.jpg

Fish On!

IMG_3750.jpg

This brookie was lovin’ the leeches

IMG_6197.jpg

These elk put on a show for me

IMG_3113.jpg

IMG_3033_4_5_tonemapped.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

Found this little fellow during a drift down the bow

IMG_2538.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2247_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

After a long day on the bow

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

My old man with a Dolly

IMG_1541.jpg

What falls are those?

HAHAHAHAHA good one,

Brod, Rad pics bud I can't believe how clear the water is where your dad got that dolly, it was chocolate milk when my party was there and way higher. I want to fish that stream in the conditions you suckas had.

Thanks for comments guys, I appreciate the feedback.

@Heimdallr - Thanks! Ya I agree that framing & cropping of pictures can be very challenging. In the past I would end up just snapping pictures like a tourist and hoping for the best, however I've learned that if you give that extra minute of thought to have some sort of mental picture of how you want the picture to turn out then it can go a long way.

@flyon - Ya Slovenia is a beautiful country, I was only able to explore it for 3 days but it was amazing how the water was so clear and full of fish. Most of these pictures were shot with a t2i along with the stock lens (18-55mm) that comes with it. I recently picked up a Canon 24-105mm L lense that I plan to play around with, and I thought flyfishing was an expensive hobby to get into!

@lethfisher - Ya that Brookie was just barfin' up leeches, I'm sure if I would have bonked him I would have found dozens more in his belly.

@Bandi - Thx Bandi, nice lens you have there - I haven't tried taking mine in the shower haha. Is that lens the coffee mug? =)

@Bandi - Thx Bandi, nice lens you have there - I haven't tried taking mine in the shower haha. Is that lens the coffee mug? =)

Yep, it's the Canon 24-105 coffee mug.

I wish they were waterproof, but not yet (I believe in the future we may see some specialized waterproof lenses). In the meanwhile I am happy with Pentax for underwater shooting.

------

Take a look @ my site, Naturephoto, http:naturephoto.zenfolio.com