Fly Fusion Forums

True Beauty....the Conclusion

Over the last couple of months I wrote about my amazing wife with her voyage through pregnancy and our adventures. It is amazing to think that only 3 weeks ago she asked to go fish the Highwood one more time (which I got skunked and she caught a couple of beauties) and this past Saturday she give birth to our beautiful baby girl.

In her usual fashion, I have never witnessed such perservation and determination as she battled the labour for 25 hours before asking for the drugs. And that was only because our little one was facing up instead of down and was stuck. I will spare the rest of the story as you can only witness that sort of thing in order to understand it. The doctors made the decision to use forceps instead of the c-section to get her out but she got out safe, sound and healthy.

At 1:35am I got to see my new daughter for the first time! Sophie is her name and she arrived weighing 6lbs4oz and 19.5 inches. I can't wait to introduce her to the wonderful outdoors that my wife and I enjoy so much! Perhaps you will meet us out there next summer.

Chris

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!! Mike and I were thinking about you guys all weekend......how wonderful to have a little pink baby! I'll spare you my 72 hour labour story and say that I can TOTALLY relate to Leah's pain. But it's all worth it (well...until they turn into teenagers anyways :lol: ). Congratulations to you all - hope you will post pictures of your beautiful new addition very soon. I look forward to meeting her at the dog races next year ;)

I absolutely ADORE newborns. She's perfect, just gorgeous...inherited her mom's good looks I see ;):lol: . 3 days old - you and mom must be good and tired now. Enjoy her while she's small - they grow oh-so-quickly.

Thanks for posting a pic.