Fly Fusion Forums

Fisherman Pulled From The Bow River

I just read a disturbing item on CTV Calgary home page. A fisherman was pulled from the Bow river earlier this afternoon. The report said he was rescued by the fire department and taken to the hospital in serious condition. I hope its not anyone from FFC. Be extremely carefull out there. That ice shelf can break off at any time.

Murray

I was walking around that area at 1:00 today trying out my new camera. I saw only one guy fishing. must have been him. I took a pic of him in fact. He was actively fishing when I saw him.

Apparently he had a heart attack. Hope he is alright.

I don't think so. Had to reread the article because I missed it the first time. "A man in his 50's has died, after falling into the Bow River on Sunday." Very sad indeed. Thoughts and prayers for his family.

I got a call from a very good friend who knows I'm in my 50s as well and fish in Mackenzie fairly often. He called to check in after he heard the story.

Prayers to the fellow's family. Very sad.

I just heard about this 15 minutes ago and checked the boards for the same reason Rick.

Sorry to hear about this gentlemen.