Fly Fusion Forums

Ipod...oh The Dispair

Guest Sundancefisher

Doesn't havin' a phone with you whilst fishin' kinda defeat the purpose of goin' fishin' in the first place???????????

Nothin like updating your facebook status with "catchin a bucketful of fish",,,,,jk, I don't even have a facebook/twitter/social media account. I usually don't have it with me on the 'friggin lakes', but today was an exception.

That's what I was getting at. This was the good lords way of saying SMARTEN UP. I listened.

Amen.

Sometimes I'm "at work" when I'm fishing. Need the phone with me so nobody knows I'm on the river instead of in front of the computer.

but

How do you explain the water noise? Washroom? I come clean when I'm caught, only because I dont carry the laptop, in my slingpack.

Just think of the iPhone as a really small laptop. Rushing water is explained by taking a quick break to walk the dog, though they normally don't hear it. You just have to let it go to voicemail, get out of the water, and call them back from the bank since you were "in the washroom" when they called. And when you're playing hooky like that you learn where the good fishing spots that still have a signal are.

Man, you guys just aren't devious enough about avoiding work to fish while not getting fired. I've done a conference call from the banks of the Adams river and a press interview from the Bow in the last year.

I have had bad luck with fishing & technology lately.

In May I fell in the river & my Torch was in my bag, next to the ziplocs and got wet. It worked after being dried out, but was still a little wonky.

Last week we were picking up my buddies boat and I opened the back door to get the hitch ball and his iPad jumped to its death on the concrete. It was in the case, but the case was open and it landed open, facedown. End result, smashed screen. Talk about a bad way to start the day.

In my last job I could get away with saying I was in the field, benefits of being a biologist. My employer even bought me new waders for the field work. I'm not sure it will fly in my new job. I cant see any reason for a business anyalyst to be standing in a river.

I always bring my phone with me, but rarely have it on. How else could my wife call/text me to tell me I said I would be home 3-4 hours ago?

Andrew

If I dropped my phone or Ipod in the toilet or out house, it would stay there. For the idea of using rice, I would add oyster sauce and saute for 5 minutes. I have dropped a new set of $500.oo glasses in the Bow and my optician gave me a break. If you catch a fish with nice sunglasses on, they are mine.