Fly Fusion Forums

Coconuts

i am just curious if anyone else has noticed what i have seen in the bow for several years now. Almost every trip to the river along the shore i see coconuts that have rifted to shore. Last night alone within a 10 min stretch of water i found 3 of them. am i crazy or do you guys see em too. if anyone has info on this subject i woud love to hear it.

i am just curious if anyone else has noticed what i have seen in the bow for several years now. Almost every trip to the river along the shore i see coconuts that have rifted to shore. Last night alone within a 10 min stretch of water i found 3 of them. am i crazy or do you guys see em too. if anyone has info on this subject i woud love to hear it.

what u smoking??

lol just kidding, i saw many coconuts too.... and im smoking....

Shells are often used in some eastern religious activities. The items that adore the shells each have a specific significance whether it is to mourn a loss or celebrate a new birth or for some other meaning.

Hindus use it as an offering to a god or goddess in some circumstances.

Guest frypan
Shells are often used in some eastern religious activities. The items that adore the shells each have a specific significance whether it is to mourn a loss or celebrate a new birth or for some other meaning.

Hindus use it as an offering to a god or goddess in some circumstances.

I was told this is waht it is, religous activity of some sort.

well throwin *hit in the river like giaant seeds and whatnot is a ticketeble offence , littering

hindui or whatever it is not aceptable

there is a reason the gangi river is so polluted , don't bring the same crap over here !

There are many reasons why the Bow is polluted, and it doesn't have to do with anyone's religious beliefs or culture so please refrain from ignorant & offensive comments!

P

I was told this is waht it is, religous activity of some sort.

well throwin *hit in the river like giaant seeds and whatnot is a ticketeble offence , littering

hindui or whatever it is not aceptable

there is a reason the gangi river is so polluted , don't bring the same crap over here !

I've seen maybe 10 or so? I'm pretty sure they are biodegradable, you know, being organic and all.

If the odd coconut gets tossed in the river for a religious ceremony, I can't really see the harm. It's a coconut. Not like they are tossing in golf balls. That would be a problem.

I found this:

On Rakhi Purnima (Rakshabandhan day) the coconuts are thrown into the sea as offerings to sea-God Varuna. In western India, the festival is called Nariyal Purnima (Coconut Full Moon).

I know it's not the sea, but clearly throwing them into the River has similar meaning I would think. I think Troutfriend is on the right path.

Guest frypan
There are many reasons why the Bow is so polluted, and it doesn't have to do with anyone's religious beliefs or culture so please refrain from ignorant & offensive comments!

P

What is ingorant or ofensive?

It is the truth, when one person can find half dozen coconut in one day it is a problem.

under the vale of religion does not make it acceptabel.

who are you trying to tell me what i can and cant say? it was my opinion so stuff it! if you think it is ok then that is you opinion and you said it .

man you got me riled up- in some culture they bonk all fish they catch, so with your rational i gusee it is ok if someone from fresh off the boat pleads ingnorant to the fishing regulation as well ?

it is littering plain and simple, an ilegal activity

This statement is ignorant there is a reason the gangi [sic] river is so polluted , don't bring the same crap over here !

I never said that a few coconuts wasn't a problem! But blaming one particular ethnic/cultural/religious group is!! To be totally unbiased, go off on all the "young punks" that raft during the summer and lose their flip flops, pieces of styrofoam coolers, beer cans/bottles, lighters, underwear, bikini tops (and bottoms), slurpee straws & cups & lids, tampon applicators, condoms, as well as all the discarded bikes, wood, road signs, etc. Oh and I almost forgot, the pollution in the Bow has absolutely nothing to do with any of the other 1,000,000 + people of any other ethnic or cultural/religious backgrounds that drive the roads, fertilize their lawns and salt/sand their driveways & streets!!! Blaming one particular ethnic group or specific culture/religious group which may or may not be responsible for a few coconuts is ignorant and if you cannot see that then it's obvious that you are!! <--poke--<

P

What is ingorant or ofensive?

It is the truth, when one person can find half dozen coconut in one day it is a problem.

under the vale of religion does not make it acceptabel.

who are you trying to tell me what i can and cant say? it was my opinion so stuff it! if you think it is ok then that is you opinion and you said it .

man you got me riled up- in some culture they bonk all fish they catch, so with your rational i gusee it is ok if someone from fresh off the boat pleads ingnorant to the fishing regulation as well ?

it is littering plain and simple, an ilegal activity

Guest frypan
This statement is ignorant there is a reason the gangi [sic] river is so polluted , don't bring the same crap over here !

I never said that a few coconuts wasn't a problem! But blaming one particular ethnic/cultural/religious group is!! To be totally unbiased, go off on all the "young punks" that raft during the summer and lose their flip flops, pieces of styrofoam coolers, beer cans/bottles, lighters, underwear, bikini tops (and bottoms), slurpee straws & cups & lids, tampon applicators, condoms, as well as all the discarded bikes, wood, road signs, etc. Oh and I almost forgot, the pollution in the Bow has absolutely nothing to do with any of the other 1,000,000 + people of any other ethnic or cultural/religious backgrounds that drive the roads, fertilize their lawns and salt/sand their driveways & streets!!! Blaming one particular ethnic group or specific culture/religious group which may or may not be responsible for a few coconuts is ignorant and if you cannot see that then it's obvious that you are!! <--poke--<

P

re read what i said.

if they are purposefully throwing coconuts in the river it is not acceptable. same goes for all the other examples you list

but why blame the rafters for all the trash they toss in the river as they are likely drunk and not making rational decisions. makes no sense does it- same with the coconuts- the end resuly is the same- more *hit in the river that should not be there

if it is ok by one group , why the other both are wrong.

i will ignore how you called me ignorant again.

ps- i would rather be called ignorant as you call me than politicaly correct as you are trying to be