Fly Fusion Forums

If you haven't seen this movie yet, GO WATCH IT!

If you like Sci-Fi, Action, amazing visuals, love story, and pretty good story.... this movie is for you.

I'd say it's ALMOST as good as "Aliens", Cameron's 2nd best movie ever.

I give it 9.5/10

I second that a million times... I never thought Id have such a great movie experience as I did watching all the LOTR, but this blew it away. It was such an awesome movie to sit through, the three hours went by in a complete breeze. I wanted to see it again but WAH now Im back home for the holidays and theres no 3D!!

Guest Sundancefisher
Saw it in Imax 3D at Chinook Mall and holy crap amazing movie!! Go watch it and spend the extra couple bucks on the 3D it is definitely worth it!!

Is it good for kids ages 8-13?

How are the lines? I suppose you need to prebuy the tickets for the show you wanna see?

I'd say its fine for kids. The language is pretty clean, with very few swear words. People die in the action sequences, but you see that kinda stuff in Saturday morning cartoons these days.

The lineups are what you would expect on X-mas with a great movie. I'd say arrive at least 1 hour in advance, and add 30 min to that if you watch it in 3D (which you should definitely do). Of course the earlier you go, the better seats you will get.

What a visual feast! Just brilliant. Film-making, sci-fi, special effects, taken to the next level. And the story is well told and very relevant.

All in all, this is THE movie to see in the theatres. It demands the big screen, 3D. Go, and you won't feel you've wasted your money.

Smitty

Bhurt:

Merry Christmas then! Where do I send the ticket?

Nah, too complicated. How about you go see it and I'll buy you a beer and a pretzel at a pub of your choice (roughly the same price). BTW, the DVD will probably be more expensive then the movie ticket.

GO SEE IT! :)

:beer:

Smitty

You would be correct in saying the intial purchase of the dvd would be more then the movie ticket, however I can veiw the dvd 1million times for the same inital price while a movie ticket 1million times is.......

Touche! :) You are indeed correct. I guarantee you though, when you see it, you'll wish you'd gone to the theatre. My offer still stands... :)

Merry Christmas!

Smitty

Nah I'll pass on it. I am really huge into graphic for movies and have been reading up on it on the gnome workshop and cg society, so I already know about most of the graphic work that has been done into it, and surprising enough there is nothing new to it, alot of it was worked on with plates for the matte painting (most of the background computer graphics) I even talked to alot of the graphic artist that was invovled with the movie on deviant art.

Saw it Saturday with the family and my wife's sister's family when we were in Edmonton. The IMAX was too far away, so we watched it in digital 3D. Just a treat to watch. The movie itself is a bit predictable (ok, maybe more than a bit) but the overall consensus from the 10 of us was So What? It is visually so stunning that it makes a 2.5 hr movie just fly by. We plan to go watch it in IMAX this week.

Yeah, Ive seen it 3 times now...lol. I'm aiming for 5 times before it out of the theater. The second time I watched it i actually brought my glasses so my vision was 20/20 and it made the Movie even better. Cameron is my kinda film maker!

I went to the 3D IMAX Last week worth every penny. I am going to go again. It realy is one of those movies you need to watch on the big screen. I will probably go a few times. It is kind of like a theme park attraction i hope it will be as stunning the second time as it was the first. If i had paid $45.00 for the ticket i would have felt i'd got my money worth. I don't really give a *hit about the technology used to make it NOBODYS seen or made anything like this for the big screen until now and for that reason its worth going to see.

P.S- BobLobLaw the colours and flowers are amazing

I went to the 3D IMAX Last week worth every penny. I am going to go again. It realy is one of those movies you need to watch on the big screen. I will probably go a few times. It is kind of like a theme park attraction i hope it will be as stunning the second time as it was the first. If i had paid $45.00 for the ticket i would have felt i'd got my money worth. I don't really give a *hit about the technology used to make it NOBODYS seen or made anything like this for the big screen until now and for that reason its worth going to see.

Oooooh!

Pretty flowers?

Yay! Now I gotta go see this movie!

(Very funny, Jared!)

Seriously, though, I do wanna see it in IMAX 3D...

Jarred,

You say no one has ever made a movie like this, how so I am just curious cause special effect and 3d have been in movies and tv shows for a very long time, for example the tv show Sancatry is 100% green screen, and 3d movies have been around for a very long time.

Not asking for you to tell me the plot line or anything but why would someone go and see this in the threaters, just saying its good does me no good.

For example I really enjoyed the story line and the special effects in Starship Troopers but for the majority of people out there they hated the movie.

I'm not saying the movie is bad but all I hear is gotta see it, my question is why? What so special about it, could it have to do with the underlaying message the movie is trying to show (ie. a human company comes in and forces another race away, kind of reminds me of the USA vs IRAQ conflict)

Is it the fact that it is beeing showen in a digital format vs the old film style (more crisp picture) in otherwords is it a visaul orgasim cause I have seen *hit that would make most movies look bad (just watched a bunch of independent 5min full blowen visual graphic shorts)

The actors in the movie do they portray their characters in a realistic way? So in otherwords could you relate to the characters in the story line?

I could think of alot better things I could do with my money other then going to movie, the movie has to be really good inorder for me to go out the door and spend the money.

Oh and one last thing, Imax doesn't sell it to me, I find the imax to be way too much for me regardless of where I sit in the thearter. I saw LOTR Return of the King and found myself wanting to throw up during a couple of parts cause the imax was just way too much for me.

Did you watch these on the net? If so do you have a link? I'd like to see them.

well I have a dvd that was sent to me from one of the guys that I know and I watched it on my tv, there is a link (I have it right now at home I am currently at work) and can pm it to you but the quaility of it has been remaster for internet purpose so it just doesn;t have the same feeling if you know what I mean.

well I have a dvd that was sent to me from one of the guys that I know and I watched it on my tv, there is a link (I have it right now at home I am currently at work) and can pm it to you but the quaility of it has been remaster for internet purpose so it just doesn;t have the same feeling if you know what I mean.

Sure send me the link Brad but I'm more interested in examples of what you say would make most movies look bad. Do you have any links to the makers sites or possibly forums for these types of shorts? It doesn't have to be specific, I just want a feel for what you are talking about.

Thanks