Fly Fusion Forums

Fishin Rigs!

acurrie

I've always been curious what people consider the perfect fishin rig. I started out with one of the most reliable cars ever made... The Honda Civic! Then moved to something a bit bigger, but still reliable..... The Toyota 4Runner! And now have just purchased what I consider to be a step up from the 4Runner.....The Toyota Tacoma! All used of course, but it's hard to knock the reliability of a Honda or Toyota. I find it's nice to have LOTS of room, 4x4 capability, and of course you gotta look cool. So what is your ultimate fishin rig? and what do you drive?

If you have pics, that's even better! (I don't have Pics yet)

Drew

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I prefer a 3 fly rig with a swivel! Usually a wire SJW with 2 other beadhead nymphs under an indy on a 5 wt 9' or 9'6" (or even a 10') fast action rod!! LoL :P

Mazda6 Sport Wagon, roomy and sporty!

P

I've always been curious what people consider the perfect fishin rig. I started out with one of the most reliable cars ever made... The Honda Civic! Then moved to something a bit bigger, but still reliable..... The Toyota 4Runner! And now have just purchased what I consider to be a step up from the 4Runner.....The Toyota Tacoma! All used of course, but it's hard to knock the reliability of a Honda or Toyota. I find it's nice to have LOTS of room, 4x4 capability, and of course you gotta look cool. So what is your ultimate fishin rig? and what do you drive?

Drew

Guest Sundancefisher

Drew

I drive a mini van now...when the wife let's me have it. As a one car family...I often need to bum rides. As for my best ever vehicle...it was my 1989 honda civic hatchback...light, narrow...able to maneuver well down 4X4 rutted, dirt trails.

TACO YOU ROCK! and if anybody calls it a JEEP I will help you hunt them down. tie them to the bumper and drag them till they repent.

I have my eye on a 51 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 hope it stays for sale while i save to buy it.

Hang em up by their eyelids until they blink!

TACO YOU ROCK! and if anybody calls it a JEEP I will help you hunt them down. tie them to the bumper and drag them till they repent.

I have my eye on a 51 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 hope it stays for sale while i save to buy it.

I had a 72 Fj, hindsight talkin' I have no idea why I sold it.

Okay here is mine, love this truck. Nissan Frontier 06'

Bought this sucker new.....I know big loss on the ticket price, but I wanted what I wanted and they were tough to come by used at that time. Almost got her paid for and plan on driving it till I have to grind out the rust on the wheel wells! This will be my bush buggy for as long as the wheels are turning!

Great power out of the V6 while still carrying good fuel Eco

added the canopy and Yak carry box for more gear room.

Plan on adding some swivel spot lights to the roof rack with a rocker switch on the inside.

Probably a winch some day

post-2673-1259291358.jpg

A thirsty Tacoma.

Those FJs are awesome, pricy, but awesome.

Rode around in a Tacoma-like truck overseas a few years ago. I think it was a Toyota Hilux. Basically the Tacoma body style with the fold down bed sides and had a naturally aspirated diesel. I still can't figure out why it hasn't made an appearance in North America.

A thirsty Tacoma.

Those FJs are awesome, pricy, but awesome.

Rode around in a Tacoma-like truck overseas a few years ago. I think it was a Toyota Hilux. Basically the Tacoma body style with the fold down bed sides and had a naturally aspirated diesel. I still can't figure out why it hasn't made an appearance in North America.

the Hilux and the Surf are both great vehicles, and the diesel engine, gets better mileage the our NA diesel engine..I agree they would be great here..

the Hilux and the Surf are both great vehicles, and the diesel engine, gets better mileage the our NA diesel engine..I agree they would be great here..

That same trip, I rode in a Surf ( I think. It was left had drive) that had over 700k kms on it. It had lived it's life driving BAD roads at high speeds. That's amazing to me.

There are so many 'throw away' vehicles made currently. Makes you wonder why, when the technology/quality/whatever, is availible......and it's unlikely the cost of that Surf was double or triple or more than a throw away.

My ideal fishing rig

FJ40.jpg

Ya, they were on to something with the FJ

Here is my fishing buggy. I do need to grind some rust off it and give her some 'primer n black' every couple years. I like to buy vehicles about 3years old and run them into the ground...lol.. I do like the Jeep but they aren't the most comfortable ride available. Still, for the few times I've found myself needing to use it, the 4x4 capabilities are excellent.

Jeep6.jpg

I love the old FJ's and Land Cruisers.

I'm not sure what the hell North American Car companies are doing by NOT putting diesel engines in there SUV's. I heard stories of Surf's hitting the magical Million km mark. Not to mention that the fuel economy is much better, maybe they are scared of the frigid temperatures???