Fly Fusion Forums

Steelheadin Skeena System

BBBrownie

well, I know we are all getting inundated with steelheadin pictures this fall, and I wasn't going to post any pics, but, what the hell. I know I appreciate the pictures all of you have been posting this year, so I'll add a few of my shots to the stack...Hope you like them, I had an amazing and humbling time fishing and interacting with these beauts.

post-1913-1256235224.jpg

Hi, I realize its jokes, but the talk of treating steelhead respectfully is quite important to me. We need to lead by example as anglers of steelhead. Steelhead and salmon conservation are a hot topic in BC these days, as anglers we need to make sure that we minimize our impact. With many populations dwindling, the last thing I want to do is reduce a steelheads chance of reproducing! Whether it means not using gloves, or using rubber nets or sleeves, not beaching fish, using larger hooks to reduce gut hooking potential, banning bait, etc, we as anglers need to follow through on some ethical responsibilities. I realize just catching the damn things is quite stressful to them, but Im addicted and as such i'll keep fishin em, just got to try and do it as responsibly as I can.

And yes, the string on my touque is touching the fish. haha. I must have missed that one, no need to discuss!

Thanks for the compliments on the pics, I just thought i'd share a few. The steelhead sure are an amazing fish.

Beautiful fish & river.

I love the first pic, your one happy guy!!

Nice work man.

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...