Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Or Work?

Fishing or Work?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Fishing or work guys? What's it gonna be?

• Work
    • Ahhh, screw work I'm going fishing

Outdoor pursuits have always been my getaway and I'll admit to spending years fishin', huntin' and skiing, sometimes gettin' paid for it but combating eminent starvation for 5 people, highly expectant and extremely narrowminded bankers and coupla hundred or so large grazers lookin' over the fence at ya have a way of becoming top priority. That said and while I have absolutely no plans for a complete "traditional" retirement, just a slow change in direction, I hope that within the next 4 or 5 yrs to be able to be more like Schaupmeyer and/or Andersen and go fissin' when and where I effin' well please, thank you. :mellow:

If it wasn't for work, there would be no fishing. So for the next 8 years or so, until I can plan a full fledged retirement (unlike my buds Taco and Schaupmeyer), work will have to come first. Ya...sucks too.

And, honestly, I've never called in sick to go fishing. There must be something wrong with me I guess :lol:

See Clive, more people want to be like you!

Some times it is good to be the boss, so you can decide to be a professional flyfisher, but... there are those days that you're the one that's gotta do what you gotta do.

I still don't get out fishing enough.

C

wow!! 100 days called in to go fishing??!! truly legendary!!

my vote was easy.... i'm not working right now.

M

Rofl.. legendary. That's alifetime record. Let's say a career mark. Someone will take it down someday! Some big steroid using flyfisherman will break that mark soon... :lol::lol:

Called in sick once to fish, and that was when the ex and I were having "issues". However, let's get real, given a choice, you know where I'm going. However that's why God invented morning and evening fishing, so you can still fish on a work day.

Interesting topic. I hate my job, love to fish, yet in 22 years I have yet to call in sick, yeap, 22 years perfect attendance. 8 1/2 years to go, then retirement it is, then I'll fish til I collapse

Well....you're due for one. GO FISHING, and oh yeah.....BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

A good day at work is a good day at work. A lousy day at work makes me want to go fishing.

Halloween can teach you a lot about life. When you have all that chocolate in front of you and you eat it with abandon, you get sick. Literally. Life is like that. Too much summer, and you get sick of it. To much s*ex, and you get sick of it. To much fishing.......

Okay. Maybe that last one was a stretch......

I used to be a perfect attendance guy. One gorgeous morning I debated skipping but decided to go. I jumped on my bike for the commute only to find a flat tire. I quickly changed the tire and headed out. Twenty feet down the alley I hit a piece of glass and punctured a tire. I finally recognized the message and went fishing. I don't think I caught a thing that day but it was so enjoyable it has become a semi regular occurrence.

I am my boss, and no one picks up the slack if I call sick in cuz I work alone!!!! Like Taco, I have things at work that gotta be done when they gotta be done, so my April through Octobers are a lot busier than I want them to be, but the winter months are much slower and time off for for good bahavior through the warm months lets me fish in ankle deep 80 F water under the tropical sun while the rest of you poor suckers put up with ice and -40 !!!! :P

If I did work for the "man" still, (there was a time I really did have a boss-other than my wife), I am not sure I would admit to calling in sick to go fishing, or even comtemplate doing it. Must be a sign of the heated economy with employers scraping the bottom of the barrel for any kind of help these days. If this pattern continues, I can see this question coimg up on job application forms, "Do You flyfish?" and having the application go the bottom of the heap with a "yes" answer!! :lol:

Halloween can teach you a lot about life. When you have all that chocolate in front of you and you eat it with abandon, you get sick. Literally. Life is like that. Too much summer, and you get sick of it. To much s*ex, and you get sick of it. To much fishing.......

Okay. Maybe that last one was a stretch......

Ummm.... I think the last TWO are a bit of a reach, no? LOL :lol::lol: