Fly Fusion Forums

Bow River Float

proflytyer

had a slow day on the bow that day, the fish just wernt goin for anything. tried streamers, nymphs, dries, and many combos of hopper droppers. was very suprised near one of the bridges, when we were making our way across the river to fish the other bank when, in the middle of the river as i was simply trolling my hopper along the surface, a bow about 20 came shooting up towards and became airborn and missed my hopper by about a foot but it did not scare me as much as it did the 70 year couple was on the bank fishing spinners! later on had a brown go for my nymph but got off soon into the fight. as iwas fishing a good looking bank with my hopper a bow came up and slurped it off the surface. after getting out of the boat it took me about 8 minutes to land the damn fish but it was worth it. was happy with the fight it gave and the many jumps and runs it did. it also took me a little into my backing. we took some pics, measured him to 21.5 inches, and released him. later near the end of the float i also cought some smaller bows between 9-14 inches. we did not take photos of those because they wernt photogenic! :laugh:

post-2100-1250873723.jpg

post-2100-1250873731.jpg