Fly Fusion Forums

Best Concert You Ever Saw????

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the other music thread got me thinking...... whats the best concert you've ever been to???

1998 Tragically Hip Phantom Power tour.. They came to play in my hometown of Sydney, Nova Scotia. Tickets went on sale on a Saturday morning and we camped out starting Thursday night. What a gong show!

The concert was amazing though!

Bruce Springsteen in 1985 I think in San Diego. Never was a huge fan before, or even since, but live he is a sight to behold. Holds the audience in the palm of his hand, for like 4 hrs. You leave exhausted.

Worst:

Aerosmith in 1978 or 79, just before they broke up. Everyone was loaded, music sounded like garbage. I was the biggest fan and utterly disgusted. I still have never seen them live.

OMG thats the best!! funny to me coz i saw Gowan at calaway park!!

M

I was at COP for Gowen. What a Strange Animal he was.

I got free tickets years ago to a concert that I really didn't want to go to, but in the end I got talked into going. It turned out to be the best show to date I've seen.....Rick Springfield at the Dome.

My first concert was "Toronto" in Vancouver when I was 13, and I was awe-struck, so it holds a place inside me. Decided to grow the hair out after the concert and give the Head Banger thing a try for a few years.

my first show was Duran Duran at the dome. I think I have seen a lot more shows than the average guy having friends that played in bands during my teens and even to this day. I cant pick 1 show or band for sure that is a fave but I have a shortish list of things i remember most........ lollapalooza (year 2), met Flea from the red hot chili peppers not once but twice.... was blown away by soundgarden, i band I dont like, but their live show was incredible. janes addiction in cheney, washington. bad religion, nofx, green day at a community hall in victoria park, calgary. they were literally asking the audience for a place to crash that night. speaking of crashing, dave grohl spent a week on my buddy's couch while he was in a band called scream. oh and of course Gwar!! rod stewart was awesome too!!! oh and mellencamp/cougar/mellencougar, stompin tom, snoop dogg, nirvana.....

M

Tough call but for a large venue I gotta go with Sound Garden VS Nine Inch Nails at Molsons Park in Barrie - hot summer night, giant mosh and if you have to ask, yeah Trent Reznor et al kicked Soundgarden's ass something fierce.

Best small venue would have to be back in the early 80's went to go see a band in Hamilton called called "Soft White Underbelly" , turned out to be Blue Oyster Cult looking to float some new tunes without a crowd. Was an awesome show with just the right amount of people, and beers with the band afterwards.

Started sneaking into bars to see bands when I was 16 so there have been alot of good ones over the years - beside beaches the only thing I miss about Ontariable is the constant presence of great live music (OK,... I miss muskies too)

Guilty pleasure ?

Saw madonna from the 8th row at the Skydome, the one where she grabbed herself and dared the cops to arrest her - I acted disgruntled (GF wanted to go) and aloof for years but in reality it was one of the most impressive spectacles I have ever seen in my life. her singing and dancing was really incredible to see live.

Metallica on their "Heavy S#&t" tour in the mid 90's at the old Molson Park in Barrie Ontario. I somehow got a job being a runner for them during the day and had a back stage pass during the whole thing. I could literally go anywhere I wanted. I remember watching Kirk hammer out the rifs during "One" from about 10 feet away. Got to hang out with the band afterwards. I didn't have anything for them to sign autographs on so I went to their dressing room and ripped the "Metallica" sign off the door and had them sign that. It will be tough to beat that concert for me!

Hard to say seen alot

Saw Buddy Guy and Junior Wells play at the Appollo Theatre in Harlem back in the 80's was amazing excellent blues at a location that is famous for it.

Ray Charles about 10 yrs ago at blues fest in Ottawa

Eric Clapton at corel centre

George Thorogood at Barrymores in Ottawa.

-Weezer at Mac Hall 1997

-Grateful Dead at Seattle Centre Memorial Stadium 1995

-Tradgically Hip at Silver Dollar Action Centre 1991

-Pearl Jam at Max Bell 1993

-Rock Torhout , Belgium 1989

-Blue Rodeo at company xmas party 2006

-Red Hot Chilli Peppers at the Saddledome 2006

Thought of another that some here might have shared.

3 days of Independant bands at "Indy Fest" held at the Rodeo grounds in High River. Not sure of the exact year, but there was only one. I'm not sure why this didn't come to mind first, but it was my "Woodstock".

3 days of great music, partying and girls walking around topless. What more could a guy in his early 20's ask for?

Best part of the weekend was partying back stage, drinking their beer and sitting on the side of the stage for the headline act, The "Sons of Freedom".

Small venue - tie between Blue Rodeo at the Jube and Robert Palmer at Ontario Place

Large venue - Peter Gabriel in Maple Leaf Gardens (although that was my first and last experience with pot so my impressions of that concert may be skewed)

Medium venue - Collective Soul at the Stampede Roundup. They're my overall favourite concert I think.