Fly Fusion Forums

Best Concert You Ever Saw????

Hmm, tough question ...

best concert in Calgary .... Eagles, 1979 I do believe

best concert in Vancouver .... Tie between Springsteen and Roger Waters

best concert in Seattle area .... The Who, Springsteen, Roger Waters

Over all ... Paul McCartney

Lot more shows down in the Seattle area since I moved here ... :-)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U2... in Edmonton. Without a doubt hands down the best concert ever. Mainly becuase they've been my favorite band for ages... :lol:

Hmm forgot about them ... excellent show. Saw them both times here in Seattle and the second show was crazy,

I saw U2 in 87 (I believe) during the Joshua Tree tour in B.C.Place. Bono hurt himself a few nights before, I beieve he fell of the stage in Seattle if I remember right. Anyway, I have never seen a guy hold 60 000 people in the palm of his hand like that, the show was absolutely amazing. I also got to see Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones and Eagles all with in 6 months in the early 90's, all great shows. In the mid 80's John Cougar Mellencamp also put on a very good show, lots of energy. Recently saw Elton John, Tim and Faith and Nickelback. All o.k. and probably rank them in that order. Looking forward to Keith Urban next month. I think he is one of the best guitar players around.

Have to say daM's account of the Texas concert with Willie, Johnny & Neil impressed me. Kind of sad, though, that nobody showed up.

"

My favourite concert was Billy Bragg at MacHall in the late 80's. Great guitar player, funny guy. Uncanny Springsteen impression. He was selling 'Capitalism is killing music' t-shirts. "They cost $75", he said!

For sheer fun, I got thrown out of a concert once in 88 or so for grabbing the mike and yelling "Arrrgghh", then handing it over to my brother to see him do the same thing. Pissed the lead singer off, I guess, but he shouldn't have pushed the thing in my face to begin with. Brother then picked a fight with "Kevin", the 6 foot 7 bouncer who tossed us. Bloody good thing for my dear sibling that the other bouncers held Kevin back. I remember the bouncer but I'll be damned if I can remember the name of the band... Truly the most fabulous mix of adreneline and narcotics that particular evening.

And who could ever forget Vera Lynn christening the Dome? Grizz, Dryfly, Weedy -- in unison "We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when..."

And who could ever forget Vera Lynn christening the Dome? Grizz, Dryfly, Weedy -- in unison "We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when..."

Whoa there HenHackle. Vera Lynn? You've got to be kidding me, NOT my era, not even close. I don't know if Grizz and Dryfly would even own up to that one. :lol:

By far the best musician I ever watched play was Stevie Ray, front row tickets at the Jube in Edmonton 1985 or so. That guy was unbelievable.