Fly Fusion Forums

Best Bull Trout River?

I've never targeted bulls in Alberta, so I really can't help.

If I remember right, you'll just be visiting Alberta for a while, right? If you remind everybody of that, maybe someone will realize you don't have the time to fully explore all our waters; then, maybe someone would PM you with some advice to help shorten your learning curve...

Well I'm gonna piss some people off (and I really could care less) without a doubt the Castle system hold the biggest and the most migratory bulls of all the rivers in Southern Alberta.

Well I'm gonna piss some people off (and I really could care less) without a doubt the Castle system hold the biggest and the most migratory bulls of all the rivers in Southern Alberta.

Of course you are referring to the castle system just outside of Nunuvat right....... <--poke--<

WRONG !!!!!!

close but it is not the Castle sys... attended a Biology lecture, and after several years of study it is just north of the castle sys !!!! :masterbaiter:

Calgary sewer sys produces some of the biggest bulls(hit) in any drainge system... <--poke--<

and I am not BS about it not being the Castle sys... I think you attended the same one and watching his slides he miss spoke ... about which one had the largest and most migratory...

and have any of you fished up near GC Grand Cache ? Bulls up there would eat three or four of the dinks you find here...

Elbow, Bow, Highwood, Crow, Castle, Oldman, Kananaskis, North Saskatchewan, Athabasca, Sheep and on and on and on.

Big double bunny streamers and other large streamers work great. Large Stones fished deep can work and I have caught bulls on nymps and dries.

Hire a guide for a walk and wade targeting bulls and cutts or do a real good google search and dig up some more info or dig deeper into this forum and I'm sure you will find some great info.

even the fish below the dam are Castle fish Ray, upper old man fish don't stray much below the gap falls and basically spawn in 1 stream anymore. i know they useta spawn in south racehorse too because i useta catch a lot of juvey bulls up there but don't anymore because of a big logjam just upstream of where north and south racehorse join. castle fish have been found as high as maycroft and all throughout the lower drainage. yes i was @ the same lecture sarge

even the fish below the dam are Castle fish Ray, upper old man fish don't stray much below the gap falls and basically spawn in 1 stream anymore. i know they useta spawn in south racehorse because i useta catch a lot of juvey bulls up there but don't anymore because of a big logjam just upstream of where north and south racehorse join. castle fish have been found as high as maycroft and all throughout the lower drainage. yes i was @ the same lecture sarge

Then listen to the Sarge/Sgt

THERE ARE NO BULL TROUT BELOW EDMONTON!!!!!

His charts did not correspond with what he was saying, the distinct families or groups moved slightly diff from what he was saying according to his charts..

ONTHEFLY7

But seriously check out the maps books , fishin' Maps, do the research, I got my first Big Bull trout on the Muskeg River, on an Atlantic Salmon fly the rusty rat...

i was not being sarcastic, i thought about the implications of defaming your provincial fish with my ignorant texas hands and i changed my mind

If you are going to fish here then you may just catch a Bull trout.. check with your guide as to what to do , NO 2wgt rods etc... if no guide then use common sense and research what you are fishing...

No worries onthefly7. Ray and I were just bein' sarcastic to each other...fish away, the bullies are in various rivers anywhere from Grande Prairie south but just don't lip 'em

No worries onthefly7. Ray and I were just bein' sarcastic to each other...fish away, the bullies are anywhere from Grande Prairie south but just don't lip 'em

True True there is back ground that you do not see onthefly7, no worries just fish above edmonton and you will get into bullys ..

Slim pickings here in the south!!!!! <--poke--<