Fly Fusion Forums

R.i.p. Buster.

My sisters dog Buster pasted away yesterday.I thought i would post a little about him since there's a lot of people on here with dogs.

Buster was a great bird dog always listened and never wondered to far from my side,fishing with him was always a challenge as he always wanted to retrieve the fish.You can imagine what its like pulling a 90lb soaking wet lab back into the boat.

He grew up on an acreage so he was very protective of his family and myself.I was dog sitting one day when a friend walked into my back yard when i wasn't home.I returned to find my friend up in my apple tree with buster at the bottom growling.

My wife being a clean freak always insisted that i bath Buster if he was going to come into the house.I think that was his favorite part about visiting uncle Mike.

post-2125-1247440819.jpg

Rest in peace buddy and i hope theres some pheasants for you to chase up there.

Awwww....Buster looked like a sweetheart. We lost our golden a year ago and it's still awful at times, even though we have 2 new dogs. The pain never really goes away - just gets less in time. I always feel for people when they lose a pet - it's a terrible time. My heart goes out to you all.

Can't imagine loosing my dog. My wife convinced me to get my first dog four years ago, and I can't believe it took so much convincing. Funny how a dog can win your heart, after eating a couch, my wifes wedding shoes, piss killing my lawn every year, scratching my hardwood, staining the leather in my car... you get the drift and I don't think I would have it any other way. Just say the word river and he goes nutzo! Here is a small taste of the couch carnage.

post-2434-1247493029.jpg

Can't imagine loosing my dog. My wife convinced me to get my first dog four years ago, and I can't believe it took so much convincing. Funny how a dog can win your heart, after eating a couch, my wifes wedding shoes, piss killing my lawn every year, scratching my hardwood, staining the leather in my car... you get the drift and I don't think I would have it any other way. Just say the word river and he goes nutzo! Here is a small taste of the couch carnage.

What a beautiful dog! How could you stay mad at a face like that? Even with the carnage in the background lol.

Mike,

I am sorry for your sisters loss. A family pet is a hard one to lose. My condolences go out to her and anyone else who Buster's life had touched.

sorry to hear of the loss your bird dawg/fishing pal/dog nephew. you'll always have your memories of the great (and not so great - I'm only assuming here like most dogs there are some of these) retrieves and days in the field or on the river.

although time eases pain and sorrow a new pup would reduce the mourning period.....

• 7 months later...

I guess I'm back into the dog sitting business.

Meet Beau.or Bo not sure how my sister spells it.

flies069medium.jpg

8 months old now,I've had the pleasure of dog sitting a few times this winter really keeps me busy.My sister has bin doing training classes with him and i got to say its working.No's all the commands stays really well very easy to have around for a lab puppy.

Looking forward to some fishing trips with him I'm sure he will be fun.

I guess I'm back into the dog sitting business.

Meet Beau.or Bo not sure how my sister spells it.

flies069medium.jpg

8 months old now,I've had the pleasure of dog sitting a few times this winter really keeps me busy.My sister has bin doing training classes with him and i got to say its working.No's all the commands stays really well very easy to have around for a lab puppy.

Looking forward to some fishing trips with him I'm sure he will be fun.

CAAAAAAAAAAAA YUTE!!!! Labs are awesome....glad you have someone to spend some time with :)

I feel for you... it's been over 3 years since I lost my dog to mouse poison - one of the neighbors had it out in the open. I still can't think about her without choking up - It's hard to believe how much they get under your skin. Definitely part of the family. My condolences.

Guest galsfishtoo

Sorry to hear about Buster :(. They are a member of the family. After going through this myself, there are a few quotes that I think of often.

"The fidelity of a dog is a precious gift" - Konrad Lorenz

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language" - Martin Buber

"Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to" - Joe Gores

"Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog" - Sidney Jeanne Seward

What a wonderful looking pup - I hope you two get to share in many great adventures together!

My wife often jokes that despite the 10+ years of happy marriage together our relationship is still secondary to that of myself and Oreo. There is a infallible bond between dog and master formed from the absolute and unconditional love that a dog has for their partner - imagine how different the world would be if humans were capable of that level of commitment and devotion.