Fly Fusion Forums

Photo Radar Inquiry

Gang,

I got nabbed a few months ago, going through a playground zone (lucky it was only photo radar!!) on my way down to fish :( ... Nonetheless, I noticed yesterday that the van (parked at the same spot where I was dinged) was parked illegally... Does anyone know if they are allowed to do this, or are they issued "utility plates" there for can park in no parking/stopping zones?

P

Gang,

I got nabbed a few months ago, going through a playground zone (lucky it was only photo radar!!) on my way down to fish :( ... Nonetheless, I noticed yesterday that the van (parked at the same spot where I was dinged) was parked illegally... Does anyone know if they are allowed to do this, or are they issued "utility plates" there for can park in no parking/stopping zones?

P

Pretty sure that because they are cops/peace officers in the van they can park where ever the f*uck they want

Plus I don't think you'd get much traction if you were to complain

I say if you were GUILTY of speeding through a playground zone then suck it up and pay your fine.

If you were NOT GUILTY of speeding through a playground zone then good luck fighting it, hope you can find an out.

As far as sitting where they want, I see them quite often sitting in the wrong orientation on the street which is also illegal. Haven't seen one get a ticket yet though. :D

As far as sitting where they want, I see them quite often sitting in the wrong orientation on the street which is also illegal. Haven't seen one get a ticket yet though. :D

I've been told that apparently it is no longer illegal to park facing the wrong way on streets in Calgary anymore. Not in residential areas and it may apply to all roads now, though I'm not certain. So if you want to park reversed in front of your house you can. Our neighbour does all the time now.

Next time???

You should NEVER speed through a playground zone...

What the hell is wrong with people....a playground speed limit is set for a reason...and may I remind people why,it's a playground.... THERE ARE KIDS THERE...AND KIDS DON'T ALWAYS LOOK FOR TRAFFIC....

I have been passed at least five times doing the speed limit in a playground zone (and it was two lane traffic, no passing) (one dude found a ball pien hammer through his windshield the next morning after that stunt)

Here watch the vid i posted in this thread.....

Visit My Website

I've been told that apparently it is no longer illegal to park facing the wrong way on streets in Calgary anymore. Not in residential areas and it may apply to all roads now, though I'm not certain. So if you want to park reversed in front of your house you can. Our neighbour does all the time now.

No kidding? Wonder if I can finally parked backwards in Edmonton. Funny thing is about 20 years ago I parked in the opposite direction, in front of my own home, in a tucked away residential neighborhood, for about 10 minutes, while moving furniture, and got a F&*?%ing ticket. This was during my move in. Welcome to the neighborhood!!

BTW what's the speed limit in Calgary through a playground/school zone? Posted limit or 30km?

In Edmonton it's 50km/hr which I think is stupid. There are some outling areas that have playground/school zones such as Ellerslie road that are 30km.

Loyal, it was a school zone... And if you are 100% innocent andyou have NEVER gone over the speed limit (school zone/playground zone, or other wise) then I'll take your point... It was one of those things... 99% of the time I don't!!

P

Next time???

You should NEVER speed through a playground zone...

What the hell is wrong with people....a playground speed limit is set for a reason...and may I remind people why,it's a playground.... THERE ARE KIDS THERE...AND KIDS DON'T ALWAYS LOOK FOR TRAFFIC....

I have been passed at least five times doing the speed limit in a playground zone (and it was two lane traffic, no passing) (one dude found a ball pien hammer through his windshield the next morning after that stunt)

Here watch the vid i posted in this thread.....

Visit My Website

Just so it is clear, it is only legal for emergency or law enforcement vechiles to park opposite way, my father just took a ticket on friday for parking the wrong way in a residental zone, called his lawyer and was told the cop was right and it is just another ubran myth that you can park anyway u want.

Also passing in a playground zone is a very big no no, who's to say the kid can see the car attempting to pass. Also passing in a Playground Zone is veiwed as speeding cause you have to speed up to pass the other car.

I have a elemntary school right infront of my house and for years the punks at night would race up and down the street, that was until I dressed up a dummy to look like a child placed it on a tricycle and hide between two cars when they came racing down the street, I kicked it out in the middle of the street, never seen kids so scared in my life, but I will say this, problem was fixed.

Also if you going to plan on fighting the poilce force, good luck unless you have some pretty convincing evidence then I highly doubt anything will happen with the exception of you wasting your time and money.

Great idea on the trike, i'll have to try it. I have a playground at the end of my block and every evening there are punks, soccer moms, rednecks etc racing thru a crosswalk in the playground zone. When i try crossing with 2 dogs its a real pain in the butt, i generally give the drivers a 301 hand signal ( thats a 3 and a 0 for 30, and a single finger for how i feel about their driving)

Don't be vigilantes. You'll cause accidents and be charged.

Well there was 6 kids hit by cars in my neibourhood alone last year and this was done by idoits driving to fast in a playground zone, so if I get charged fine by me, its alot better then watching another kid get hit by a car.

Dave how would you feel if your child was hit by a car that was speeding through a playground zone, I bet dollers to donuts you would go crazy.

There is someone in my neighborhood that once a week spends his evenings burning rubber. I am talking serious doughnuts and big burn outs. I wish I could illegally park my foot up his ass before he rips the side off a house or hits someone.