Fly Fusion Forums

Of Daughters, Rock, Country And New Vs Old

I was watching American Idol with my 12 yr old daughter (she was crushed when the girl got voted off). When they were doing the montage for the person leaving, I noticed some country rendition of "Home Sweet Home." I complained about it a bit and my daughter said "but it's Carrie Underwood!" Since I've never been much of a country fan, I find it particularly grating when they steal rock songs, particularly classic rock songs. Since my daughter has a bit of rocker in her somewhere (as she isn't opposed to a bit of squealing guitar now and then), I decided to let her listen to the real version of the song. So cue up Youtube and play her the Crue version. She listened for a minute, said "I don't like it" and left.

Saddened and feeling a bit old, I turned it up a bit louder. Still sounded pretty good to me, but I was completely struck by:

A. How young the boys looked

B. They looked way better without all the damn tats (and if they didn't have them in their 20s, WTF are they doing with them in their 40s?)

C. Still way better than Carrie Underwood, though she is significantly easier to look at

Don't know what the point of this is, but here they both are, judge for yourself.

Click here if the movie does not play.

and the old, tatted up version

Ya gotta check out the band "Broken Toyz" at Morgan's Pub in Calgary Tuesday nites for your '80's metal fix. The drummer filled in for Tommy Lee a few years ago. And yes...they play "Home Sweet Home"

Ya gotta check out the band "Broken Toyz" at Morgan's Pub in Calgary Tuesday nites for your '80's metal fix. The drummer filled in for Tommy Lee a few years ago. And yes...they play "Home Sweet Home"

Second this. If you like hair metal check em out!

Wow is Ms underwood hot! Can't say i no any of her stuff but she's got my vote.Who cares what she sounds like, i could look at that all day.

Agreed.... with all. watch with no sound.....

Ahhh yes...the days when Tommy Lee didn't look like he had 15 different STD's and didn't give Dennis Rodman competition for most disgusting male in the tatted and pierced category.

I like blondie - not in a lesbonic way - but ever since she wrote that kick-ass cheating song about Johnathon Cheecho, she gets my vote for everything. And I hate ALL things country. Except Taco.

And I hate ALL things country. Except Taco.

Ah shucks Lynn,

You shoulda see the look I got from a customer today, he came up to the truck to ask me something and I had to turn down the volume on Metallica to hear him.

Ah shucks Lynn,

You shoulda see the look I got from a customer today, he came up to the truck to ask me something and I had to turn down the volume on Metallica to hear him.

Taco, you and I need to go raise hell on a few of those streams out west I think.