Fly Fusion Forums

Wholesale Sports Gun Bust

No wonder Wholesale never has stock. :P

"There will likely be a probe into the safeguards at Wholesale Sports in conjunction with a federal chief firearms officer, he added."

I hope they will considering pulling their license to sell firearms. This is ridiculous in my opinion.

This makes me wonder how much hot gear you guys are using on the Bow.

I hope they will considering pulling their license to sell firearms. This is ridiculous in my opinion.

I'll even go further and say their license should be pulled immediately until they're able to prove they've improved inventory control. Kind of makes me wonder what kind of safeguards other stores have in place. How many other stores have worse controls than Wholesale and just haven't noticed their missing guns yet?

I'm also in favor of pulling the license immediately. I don't buy the line about bad inventory control. Maybe a single firearm but 50, come on. Not a lot of stores deal in handguns anymore. There should be government controls in place to protect from this sort of rampant thing. Makes it lookin the public eye like like you can pick up a handgun anywhere. Black mark on the shooting sports by this kind of publicity and lack of controle, just adds to paranoia. Who the hell runs that place anyway?

It was an inside job, so maybe they were fudging the inventory to hide the missing stock? It's not like someone came in one night and took 50 firearms. And while regrettable, there are many more firearms than these 50 on the streets available for sale. Pretty simple to acquire one. Maybe it would help if they would actually punish offenders instead of letting them out on bail or out of prison/jail because there is no room.

I will agree with SamIam with what he said.

Inventory in Big Box Stores can be a bit of a hassel at the best of times, and what if these people (the two people that are contected to this) where the ones that were responsable for the Inventory Control, I know at my work we have one person that is responasble for inventory and it is their only job.

I think for us to sit on the outside and speculate what happened is not fair to the rest of the employees at WSS that work in the hunting supplies sections.

Now I do agree that it should not have happened and I think the people to blame for this happening would be the people that are responsable for inventory control, the manager for inventory and the General Manager. To place blame on the company as a whole is a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

Beeing in the retail industry for well over 10 + years you would be surprised with what can happen, but with guns in my own opion they should just have dummy units out on display and have a extremly strick poilcy (maybe a electronic system of removing firearms from a secure location) with signing out guns from a secure location. I do not know what type of procedures that WSS have with their guns but it is obviouse that it is not good enough.

Should they have their licence revoked, I think is going a bit extreme, I do think they should have their licence suspended until the time they can show their procedures is better then what it was then be placed on a probation period (reduce amount of stock included) for a couple of years until they can show and prove that this incident will not happen again.

My only big concern was how the hell did they get it out of the store. I know with my work we are required to have bag checks (people say this is unfair but I am all for it that way I can not be accused of stealing) and any garbage we take out of the store MUST be in a clear see through bag so people can not be hiding stuff in the garbage bags. And we have a bailer to crush all of our cardboard boxes. I also know that our reciever takes a good look at the boxes (if it is a case of sending a product in a box, the box must be taken to the reciever and the reciver signs a form and the driver also signs a form with what was the contents of the box, and nothing gets out of our store without a reciete attached to the delivery form)

Its a sad thing with what has happened but for us to make judgement calls without ALL OF THE INFORMATION is also unfair and uncalled for, cause I can guarntee that there is more to the story then what the media has told us.

somebody had better get fired over this. absolute bull####. theres gotta somebody of high rank reading this, wheres your ####### head? with all the crap goin on today, you let 50 guns outta yer store? IDIOT!!! there was a horse shot down by policemans the other night. no reason other than sick fun. sleep well moron, coulda been yer gun. i want to see heads roll on this one....and im not alone. we need to set an example for such a complete lack of responsibility.

somebody had better get fired over this. absolute bull####. theres gotta somebody of high rank reading this, wheres your ####### head? with all the crap goin on today, you let 50 guns outta yer store? IDIOT!!! there was a horse shot down by policemans the other night. no reason other than sick fun. sleep well moron, coulda been yer gun. i want to see heads roll on this one....and im not alone. we need to set an example for such a complete lack of responsibility.

*hit happens man, look at how many companies get stolen from.... infact i remember years back that the Canadian Military kept getting stuff stolen from them at many of their bases... so before you freak the @#(* out calm down. Granted that firearms should have strict security policies, but wholesale the company should not be blamed directly, the blame falls on the less that admberable employees who went against the law and stole these. Sure its the companies fault for letting it happen, but at the end of the day people should be trust worth enough where they shouldnt have to worry.. however i suppose this is the world we live in. Lastly dont start spreading rumors like the guns were used to kill wild horses, thats complete BS.

Guest Sundancefisher
*hit happens man, look at how many companies get stolen from.... infact i remember years back that the Canadian Military kept getting stuff stolen from them at many of their bases... so before you freak the @#(* out calm down. Granted that firearms should have strict security policies, but wholesale the company should not be blamed directly, the blame falls on the less that admberable employees who went against the law and stole these. Sure its the companies fault for letting it happen, but at the end of the day people should be trust worth enough where they shouldnt have to worry.. however i suppose this is the world we live in. Lastly dont start spreading rumors like the guns were used to kill wild horses, thats complete BS.

Who noticed these missing guns first...police or Wholesale?

Guest rickleblanc

The police siezed a couple guns involved in crimes, and traced them back to WSS. Wholesale had no idea, so I really love how the (WSS)spokesperson is almost taking the credit for the arrests.

Rick

Whoever stole them probably got tired of waiting in the 'deli' line. The firearms section at Wholesale is painfully slow, took me over an hour to get a few boxes of ammo at 11am on a Tuesday a few weeks ago.

who are you kidding? seriously? your talking about the army, im talkin about joe q public. i used to work at the old location waaaaay back. i had full access to these guns, and even wondered when theyd "go missing". thats not the emplyees fault....thats managment!! hands down!! you dont need to be a fortune teller to see this coming, common sense man....common sense. btw that was the most contradictive paragraph i have ever read.

i had full access to these guns, and even wondered when theyd "go missing". thats not the emplyees fault....thats managment!!

Did you discuss the situation with your superior/s? If so, what if anything was done about the situation at the time?

A city builds a road with lacklustre lighting, no stop lights at unncontrolled busy intersections, etc...

It always takes a tragedy for the proper safety procedure or protocol to be put in place, there is a myriad of examples of this. Government, private business are all guilty of it.

I will guarantee you that now they will have a better procedure for inventory control and who has access to the restricted weapons. Pretty easy to say from the outside that they should have their license revoked without knowing the facts.

who are you kidding? seriously? your talking about the army, im talkin about joe q public. i used to work at the old location waaaaay back. i had full access to these guns, and even wondered when theyd "go missing". thats not the emplyees fault....thats managment!! hands down!! you dont need to be a fortune teller to see this coming, common sense man....common sense. btw that was the most contradictive paragraph i have ever read.

Ok sorry, then your an employee id never want to work for me if you knew major flaws in their system and never brought it to the attention of anyone who could do anything about it. So im just going to go ahead and say that by your complete ignorance that there is 50 guns on the street because if how ever many years ago you had said and done something Wholesale would not be in the situation they are in now. Good Job!

A city builds a road with lacklustre lighting, no stop lights at unncontrolled busy intersections, etc...

It always takes a tragedy for the proper safety procedure or protocol to be put in place, there is a myriad of examples of this. Government, private business are all guilty of it.

Yup, government and private business are guilty of this, but it doesn't make it right nor does it excuse Wholesale.

I will guarantee you that now they will have a better procedure for inventory control and who has access to the restricted weapons. Pretty easy to say from the outside that they should have their license revoked without knowing the facts.

How can you guarantee that? By revoking the license and making them pass an inspection before granting their license again then it's more likely that they'll have something solid in place. Ultimately the province or whoever it is that grants licenses for selling firearms is just as culpable here for not keeping a closer eye on things. Places that sell liquor and cigarettes are routinely checked to make sure they aren't selling to minors and following other regulations. If they violate the regs, they're fined. Next step is temporary suspension of their license, then finally their license can be revoked. Same thing should be done here.

Ok sorry, then your an employee id never want to work for me if you knew major flaws in their system and never brought it to the attention of anyone who could do anything about it. So im just going to go ahead and say that by your complete ignorance that there is 50 guns on the street because if how ever many years ago you had said and done something Wholesale would not be in the situation they are in now. Good Job!

wow...do you just want to have a scrap with words or do you actually have a valid point? opinions are what makes a forum, and everybodys entitled to their own. your words are immature and unfounded. i worked there as a teenager, not far from your age, and your right maybe if i voiced my thoughts this wouldnt have happened. unfortunatly it took me many years to grow up and realize the faults surrounding us. i dont think you know exactly what happened and for how long. delvulging this info unfortunatly puts peoples jobs at risk, so i like many remain tight lipped. perhaps before you engage someone like this you should do your research and find the facts. if you cant do that then just sit back and let the adults talk.

aside from that ...ive heard that the restricted licence may be pulled and gun counter staff might be needing criminal checks. there seems to be allot of government officials involved with the theft, and from what ive heard this wont happen again. bass pro was denied their restricted licence...could this be the end of behind the counter hand guns? hope not, im an avid hunter and own many rifles. i hope to one day get my restricted licence, but with incidents such as this...it may never happen.

I worked in a sports store when I was a kid - a bunch of 15 year old kids figured out that they could just wear a new pair of shoes each night and not get caught by the usual inventory checks by leaving the empty boxes in the racks - the mgr would assume the empty boxes were out on display this worked for a while

I wonder how it was done at wholesale - ya gotta question the competence of the manager - pretty idiotic thing to let happen