Fly Fusion Forums

Is It True?

the same guy that got a PA in the video also had steel ball bearings inserted subepidermically if you know what I mean. I TOTALLY don't get that. If anyone can explain any of this, I'd love to hear the why's.

It is a very popular practice in Thialand and Viet Nam. the simplest description of why...... ribbed for her pleasure., look at what these dudes do for thier ladies enjoyment.

I have 9 tattoos shoulders, complete back, complete chest and one on my left wrist, none can be seen when I wear a long sleeve, but i have no piercings any more. I got my first tattoo when I was 24, and there is no stopping me now. I would like to get something on my neck, but that is getting a little to hard, I may want to work in an office again someday. My next will a bull trout in spawning colours on my arm.

This is so true. They don't think about the fact that they are stuck with these "decorations" for the rest of their life. A friend of mine told me that her daughter's eyebrow now droops permenently, a few years after getting it pierced and now she is stuck with this the rest of her life. :angry: The extremely frustrating part for me is it seems like the parents of most of my 14 year old daughter's friends are ok with this and have no problem with letting their daughter's put holes everywhere. (They have their lips, tongues and eyebrows, noses pierced etc.) I feel like I am the only :wacko: "uncool" parent that says "No you aren't allowed!" My daughter's response was "but my friend's parents let them". I have let her get her ears pierced to the max, but I know the question is going to come up again when she is 16. I am not sure what the age is that they don't need parental permission. Is it 16 or 18?

Another thing, some of her friends with "uncool" parents that won't let them get the piercing that they want, have attempted to do their own piercings and they have ended up at the Dr's office due to infections!

You have to be 18 before you don't need parental consent. And let me throw this out there now that the subject of parental consent has been brought up. Although piercings in and of themselves carry certain risks - and some certainly more than others depending on where they are - but one I would STRONGLY suggest parents look into is the tongue piercing. A highschool friend and I had a discussion about this girl who was being treated for chronic facial pain for over a year and when she finally wound up in her emergency ward one night it was discovered after many, many hours of testing that the reason for her chronic pain was her tongue piercing. It took the emergency room staff 4 hours (including her as she's a trauma nurse) to figure this out - something her doctor hadn't in over a full year of treating her. I guess there's a nerve/muscle group that is connected or interwined with the facial muscles and nerves and if you strike this with a piercing you can imagine what happens. They took this piercing out and within half an hour had no more severe pain and was completely pain free 2 weeks later when the piercing had healed. Piercings and tats are all fine and dandy if you look after them and know what you're getting in to before you get it done. But some people don't know or refuse to acknowledge the real dangers behind them and get them done on a whim and then don't even look after them. I don't think I'd consent to my son getting one, and I just can't figure out how there are so many kids under 18 out there that are just pierced and tatted beyond reason.

Guest girlsfishtoo
You have to be 18 before you don't need parental consent ... I just can't figure out how there are so many kids under 18 out there that are just pierced and tatted beyond reason.

LynnF thanks for letting me know the age they don't need consent. That is what I thought, figured someone would know.

I can't figure out how there are so many kids with them either?? I am sure they have figured a way around it. It is too bad that all these kid's parents have given in to them, considering it is not something that can be taken back to the store for a refund if you change your mind or don't like it.

Two sons, 16 and 13, and a 12 yr old daughter. Daughter has pierced ears. That is it. Don't think I would have an issue if my sons wanted pierced ear, and I guess a nose one for the daughter when the time comes---but that is that. I DEFINE uncool parent. One of the most often repeated lines around my house is:

"Why do you even bother telling me what your friends parents let them do?"

So far, none of this has been an issue. I'm quite sure it will and I'm quite sure I'll be unpopular around the house when it does.

Simple dutch cowboy rules of thumb, pick your fights and your battlegrounds and make damn sure you can live the consequences, not sure if various extraneous body piercings are worth it, Tats? Be 18 and pay for it outta your own pocket.

And lastly, if you start lookin' like the freak above.......?

F**k the consequences!!

Hello

Dee Snider of Twisted Sister fame came up with a unique approach to issues like this. He would wear whatever new trends his kids were trying. This accomplished 2 things:

1 - Don't knock it until you've tried it.

2. When the kids see how stupid their parents look with piercings etc, they generally don't do it any more. This could backfire, though.

Speaking of stupid, I once had a buddy who had just the right amount to drink in the bar and stuck a safety pin through the skin in his forehead. Lesson - booze and piercing are not a good mix.

Cheers

Guest girlsfishtoo
Hello

Dee Snider of Twisted Sister fame came up with a unique approach to issues like this. He would wear whatever new trends his kids were trying. This accomplished 2 things:

1 - Don't knock it until you've tried it.

2. When the kids see how stupid their parents look with piercings etc, they generally don't do it any more. This could backfire, though.

Speaking of stupid, I once had a buddy who had just the right amount to drink in the bar and stuck a safety pin through the skin in his forehead. Lesson - booze and piercing are not a good mix.

Cheers

:D lol I will keep that in mind. :eek:

Two sons, 16 and 13, and a 12 yr old daughter. Daughter has pierced ears. That is it. Don't think I would have an issue if my sons wanted pierced ear, and I guess a nose one for the daughter when the time comes---but that is that. I DEFINE uncool parent. One of the most often repeated lines around my house is:

"Why do you even bother telling me what your friends parents let them do?"

So far, none of this has been an issue. I'm quite sure it will and I'm quite sure I'll be unpopular around the house when it does.

I told my kids the true definition of cool is doing what you want rather than copying other people. From my vague memories of youth, that is what seemed to set the truly cool kids apart from the pretenders. Neither have expressed any interest in additional body decoration although they have several friends who have. How cool is that?!

One suggestion is to remind the kids of the stages they have grown through. Would they still be proud of the Barney or Pikachu tattoo they got when they were 6?

As far as the original question goes...I know if you stick your keyfob by your head to unlock/lock your car (without piercings) it increases the range....didn't believe it until I tried it...(yes, you do feel kinda stupid)..so maybe the more metal the better for cell reception.

I told my kids the true definition of cool is doing what you want rather than copying other people. From my vague memories of youth, that is what seemed to set the truly cool kids apart from the pretenders. Neither have expressed any interest in additional body decoration although they have several friends who have. How cool is that?!

One suggestion is to remind the kids of the stages they have grown through. Would they still be proud of the Barney or Pikachu tattoo they got when they were 6?

Hope my kids see it that way too. Excellent way to explain life stages to them.

As far as the original question goes...I know if you stick your keyfob by your head to unlock/lock your car (without piercings) it increases the range....didn't believe it until I tried it...(yes, you do feel kinda stupid)..so maybe the more metal the better for cell reception.

I don't know why.. but for some reason this just screams "brain tumor" to me! :P

Guest girlsfishtoo

Thanks, awesome way to explain lifes stages and how things change. I went through the Pikachu and Eevee obsession for many many years...

Unless you have a PA - then it works best in your pocket, especially if you're excited.

Don't know about the reception issue.

My son who's 21 went and got himself a tattoo today. He's been wanting to get it for about 2 years. I told him it's not my body so it's not my decision. I'm not paying for it. So I don't care one iota if he does it. Now you have to know something. Absoutely no one in our family has ever gotten a tattoo. I get home today and he shows it to me. Absolutely friggen amazing. It's a ying/yang with a mixed tribal sort of a design. The guy who did it is a true artist. He got it done at Deadly Tattoos on 58th ave SW, near Chinook. Check out their site. Man do they have some tallented artists working there. http://deadlytattoos.com/section/3630.html

Now my wife wants to go get one. Just jokingly I told him I want a rainbow trout grabbing a fly. My son says that's what he's getting us for christmas this year. Tatoo's for my wife and I both. Oh oh. Here goes the neighbourhood.

Rob