Fly Fusion Forums

Is It True?

Hi ya' all,

Inquired about the various steel things sticking out of young folks. One told me that the steel things help with cell phone reception.

Is it true?

Don

Not sure about that... but they sure add to the "extreme" lifestyle during an electrical storm! ;)

God Lynn,

Please never do that again. Had to Wiki the Pr. Albert. The image will stay with me forever.

Where is Darwin when you need him?

Don

Sorry Don...I could have sent you a video link showing some guy getting it done and some other weird stuff that I TOTALLY don't get. I just figgered everyone knew what a PA was. I forgot your age...I always think of you as such a young and hip dude LOL.

I gotta go find me that really really old woman who was pierced from head to toe - in every conceivable spot on her body you can imagine....with things dangling from parts that had no business dangling anything. Mind you, when you get that old, it pretty much dangles on its own anyways. Gotta go.

Lynn,

You actually got a video. Now the real question is - do you threaten Hubby with it?

And Please - please, never ever think of me as either young or hip. Hell, I still think rap music is where you put the microphone in your mouth and rap yourself along side the head with a hammer. Least that's what I'd like to do those that cooked up the crap.

Don

Lynn,

You actually got a video. Now the real question is - do you threaten Hubby with it?

Don

Oh no Don....I've learned through 2 husbands that you NEVER joke or threaten or even talk about malicious and willful disfigurement of the male genitalia. It's kind of a secret thing I thought. Maybe I"m wrong. Feel free to set me straight. By the way - the same guy that got a PA in the video also had steel ball bearings inserted subepidermically if you know what I mean. I TOTALLY don't get that. If anyone can explain any of this, I'd love to hear the why's.

And a strange thing is many of the tatoo'd/pierced/branded/decorated youngsters will grow into adults who will counsel their own kids against such behaviour just like us middle aged folks tell our kids not to make the mistakes we made.

The odd thing is that there must be some wave of "middle aged" crisis going on with this stuff too. I got my nose pierced when I turned 40 - my first peircing other than my ears - and then my first tattoo when I was 42. But, for me, they're both discreet and tasteful and I think that's why I don't regret either of them. Yet. But some of the kids that I know with tongues and eyebrows and labrettes and crap - they either get infected or taken out within a year. May be fun at the time but trying to eat and do other stuff with a big hunk of metal in the middle of your tongue would take it's toll I think and common sense would win out.

Guest girlsfishtoo
And a strange thing is many of the tatoo'd/pierced/branded/decorated youngsters will grow into adults who will counsel their own kids against such behaviour just like us middle aged folks tell our kids not to make the mistakes we made.

This is so true. They don't think about the fact that they are stuck with these "decorations" for the rest of their life. A friend of mine told me that her daughter's eyebrow now droops permenently, a few years after getting it pierced and now she is stuck with this the rest of her life. :angry: The extremely frustrating part for me is it seems like the parents of most of my 14 year old daughter's friends are ok with this and have no problem with letting their daughter's put holes everywhere. (They have their lips, tongues and eyebrows, noses pierced etc.) I feel like I am the only :wacko: "uncool" parent that says "No you aren't allowed!" My daughter's response was "but my friend's parents let them". I have let her get her ears pierced to the max, but I know the question is going to come up again when she is 16. I am not sure what the age is that they don't need parental permission. Is it 16 or 18?

Another thing, some of her friends with "uncool" parents that won't let them get the piercing that they want, have attempted to do their own piercings and they have ended up at the Dr's office due to infections!