Fly Fusion Forums

South Bow Fly Shop

It's open.

Nice shop, went there today. My plan was to spend $0, but the well stocked fly section sucked me in. Got out for pretty cheap. They also let me drool on a Hardy cartridge reel as well. Wish christmas was closer!

Very nice shop, better conversation.

And they certainly have Snowbee gear!

Awesome shop. The owners are great...I stopped by last week before they had opened and the guys invited me in and showed me the shop and all the gear they carry. Great fly selection...they offer some alternative brands to what are normally seen in Calgary (Snowbee, Greys). I think this shop will do well as they mentioned opening early (6am) during the summer and have a great location for leaving the city. I already plan to have my summer trips begin with the fly shop and coffee from across the lot. Check it out!

mkm

Hey all,

As we ease into spring the store is open mon-sat, 8:30 -5:00.

Once the weather improves it's 7 day's a week opening at earlier hours.

Thanks for your interest everyone.

Dave Cunnings.

PS. There has been boats pulling out @ Police for about a week now & water is opening up further down river. Expect the ice banks are still high though.

Dustin,

If you are not in a rush, checkout Costco.com (US Costco site) for a killer deal on a Snowbee bags combo pack

(http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11249876&search=snowbee&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D

=snowbee&Ntt=snowbee&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1). To make it worth while, I think you would have to have someone bring it up as opposed to sending it up vis USPS or UPS, etc.

I'm pretty sure that no dealer could match the total cost including exchange- though shipping, etc. not included) at least that's what my source said when he checked the price list. I'm sure you could sell off the bags that you are not interested in keeping.

P

Does anyone know if the new shop is open yet? I want to go down there and pick up the new Snowbee pack.