Fly Fusion Forums

Bullshead..march 24/09

beedhead

Took a drive out to B.H. Yesterday to check out the ice...There has been a couple small open areas along the shallow shore lines, which are now froze over once again (no suprise)...However, there were no open spots at all last year at this time, and people were driving trucks on the ice for the 1st week of April...So far its lookin better than last year...Lets hope for wind, warmth and sunshine!!... :sunny:

Cheers...Jeff..

BullsheadMarch09001.jpg

BullsheadMarch09004.jpg

BullsheadMarch09009.jpg

BullsheadMarch09018.jpg

BullsheadMarch09026.jpg

BullsheadMarch09039.jpg

BullsheadMarch09044.jpg

BullsheadMarch09031.jpg

Gonna look awfully funny with 50 people fishing near the spring on opening day lol.

If we get some decent weather some time soon ice should leave in a hurry, but spring seems to be a little shy atm. I think its time to start moving our calendar ahead/back much like daylight savings to make up for the inaccuracies in our attempt to create the illusion of time. That way spring would be here when its supposed to.

I cant freakin wait for open water....Its always shoulder to shoulder out there in the spring till all the ice is all off....Sometimes people will even follow you around when your gettin into fish...I get a kick out of it :P ...LOL...

Cheers...Jeff..

It must be tempting to get out there with a blow torch or hair dryer or something to help speed up the process a little!!

;mornCoffee:

Myth and I were thinkin to check with F&W to see if it would be OK to go drill a billion holes and maybe speed things up...But the ice along the shore lines is a little to sketchy, and when I was there the ice was cracking like mad!!!....might go check on the ice again today....If not today, Monday....Nice to see you joined the forum Chris, Welcome... :D

Cheers...Jeff..

That's just cause you're famous Jeff. People are looking to get their picture taken with the famous Beedhead so they can sell it to the tabloids.

Are you saying there could be money made at this???.. :lol::P ...

Cheers...Jeff..

Guest Sundancefisher

What happens if you have a barbeque and the soot and ash falls on the ice...black ice melts faster :-)

Although it may be considered pollution :-(

The simplest thing to do is open the ice up on the west side in one area and let the wind and waves rip the ice apart in a day. Probably a 6 foot X 6 foot opening would grow very quickly.

What happens if you have a barbeque and the soot and ash falls on the ice...black ice melts faster :-)

Although it may be considered pollution :-(

The simplest thing to do is open the ice up on the west side in one area and let the wind and waves rip the ice apart in a day. Probably a 6 foot X 6 foot opening would grow very quickly.

Ill just take the pontoooooon, 15 lb anchor and the trollin motor. Any one want to join could make a day trip of it. Anchor should punch through the ice a few times. Like an ice breaker just softer.