Fly Fusion Forums

Summer Fun....

Golfman09

I did this trip last summer with a buddy of mine from Whistler. Just got my hands on the pics he took and there are some really neat ones. I'll post a few more once I get them all downsized. He has a ridiculous camera that took some wicked sharps pics. During the trip I was somewhat annoyed at the time he took in snapping pics but now looking back I wish I had been more patient. Can't wait to do the trip again! Enjoy....

post-2704-1236146554.jpg

Yeah those photos are amazing! The one with the tent almost looks like its going to pop out.

So, now for the serious business... I will be going canoeing there this next summer... what flies and setup to bring? Or should I jsut bring a spongebob squarepants rod and some velveta cheese? :D

Yeah those photos are amazing! The one with the tent almost looks like its going to pop out.

So, now for the serious business... I will be going canoeing there this next summer... what flies and setup to bring? Or should I jsut bring a spongebob squarepants rod and some velveta cheese? :D

When we were there the fishing wasn't that great....so I'm not sure I can point you in the right direction. I'm guessing that chironomids would be a good choice on some of the lakes but didn't try that when I was there. I used a few buggers with limited success but I think that would be a good bet. There definitely wasn't much happening on dry's.

I will say that campsite 11 is highly recommended for a small group. Thats where the fishing picture was taken......absolutely no bugs there when we were there and the scenery was really cool.

That is one of my favourite spots....I hope to go back at least every couple of years....enjoy the trip....If you need any other pointers on gear or trip set up let me know.