Fly Fusion Forums

Scierra Cc3 Waist Waders?

After 6 years, I think my ol' Hodgman breathables have finally sprung a few pinhole leaks. I was looking at breathable waders online and came across the Scierra CC3 Waist Waders. My question is, does anybody have these? If so, how do you like them? Also, where can you find them in Alberta? I'm sure they don't have any around here (Edmonton).

http://www.scierra.com/?product=327

Wade wet and sing soprano like I do............

I was lookin' @ those simms g3 convertibles nice wader and simms is tough to beat, I think when I get tired of aquasealin' my Wardels those g3 will be next. May be hard to do though, lotta mojo built up in them wardels

i prefer waiste highs..... i rarely wade past my knees because i can deliver teh fly too were i need too fish and if i need too cross i find a place easier and less risky.... incase of extreme weather conditions i have jackets, themal underwear, fleece liner hoodie etc.... i feel it is more of a preferance thing

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated! And Max, that means a lot coming from you cuz I know you fished in em super hard in just a year. Those must be the ones you had when we hit the Bow in the fall eh? Looks like I will be searching overseas like you bhurt...unless someone has some kickin around.

Taco: I do quite a bit of wet wading too lol...just not in spring or fall...might be singing in a very high pitch lol

headscan: It is just as Max says, I rarely wade past the crotch anyways, so they should be nice for comfort...especially in the summer. If I hit somewhere where I know I'll need the normal waders, my old ones will be there....they are only little pinhole leaks anyways :)

KingSalmon: Perfect on hot summer days, most of the time I just wore my boxers underneithe and I was good to go. I got enough room that comes the cold weather I can layer up and be comfortable. The thing I dig the most is the high gravel guard (JUst below the knees) I absoultly love them, I've nicked them a dozen times crossing barb wire and no leaks yet and in the winter I can slide the gravel guard up slip my waders into my snowboats then pull down the guard and I am nice and warm all day long.

That sounds really durable, which is definitely good to know. Some of the waders out there don't rate too well on the durability scale lol. I think I might have found a place to get them in Canada too...MAYBE...just have to get confirmation...keeping the fingers crossed lol.

Hi Guys,

Just spoke with Scierra about the waist waders, http://www.scierra.com/?product=327 and the normal retail price $253.66 CND with shipping of around $40.00.

I can get them to Calgary for $200.00 CND shipping included.

Right now they have them L XL AND XXL... NO M, there are medium in stock at the moment.

They also do a CC3 waist wader with boot attached in cleet or felt sole and this they have in Medium.

If you want a pair of these waders or any other Scierra products, reels ,lines ect let me know as i can always fit a few in my bag......save on shipping and postage. :D

I hope to be doing an introduction to Speycasting with Scott Mackenzie one evening on the Bow, and a one day Speycasting clinic. the evening is a free event and everyone is more than welcome to come along and see what Speycasting is all about, single and double- handed, i will post the details in the Spey section.

We will be havin dinner and a few beers after, so its a chance to talk fishing...or ask about Speycasting or just bullshit about fishin. :D

Gordo.

How big is the waist on large or XL?Boot size 42/43? Can't be centimeters.

Mike I think you'll be okay with a L or XL, I think mine is XL and they fit fine and what not but with layers underneith I prefeer one size bigger.

Do they have a sizing chart? I'm 5'9, waist 36 and wear size 9 shoes. I currently wear Patagonias waders in size large. Would a large Scierra fit me alright?

Saltamontes

Saltamontes,

I wear a XL size and am 6' 1" and weight roughly 240lbs, so I think a Large would be okay, maybe check serria's web site, but I highly recommend them as I put 125 days roughly on mine and they are still pretty much new, I also wear mine in winter and summer.