Fly Fusion Forums

A Few Pics From South Of The Hat...

beedhead

Been goin stir CRAZY...So my Bro and I went for a Drive to Red Rock Coulee Natural Area and a little tour of the Cypress Hills...Thought I would Share....Feel free to add some pics...Would love to see some members pics from over the winter.... :coldest: ..

Cheers...Jeff..

wintercypresshills007.jpg

wintercypresshills065.jpg

wintercypresshills072.jpg

wintercypresshills057.jpg

wintercypresshills056.jpg

wintercypresshills048.jpg

wintercypresshills010.jpg

wintercypresshills003.jpg

Nice pics. Those red rocks are concretions. Sediment in the bottom of a river way back when collected around something, possibly organic. Kind of like a pearl, they grow bigger over time as sediment builds up around it. Usually there might be a fossil inside, I've picked up a few ammonites that way. I've had people tell me they're glacial, but it's pretty doubtful anything made of sandstone would last long under a glacier.

Nice pics Beedhead. Was out in that area the last couple days for work and the fresh snow sure adds a nice touch. Enjoyed and thanks for posting. I'll see if any of mine turned out, but I doubt they will compare.

Nice pics Beedhead. Was out in that area the last couple days for work and the fresh snow sure adds a nice touch. Enjoyed and thanks for posting. I'll see if any of mine turned out, but I doubt they will compare.

Thanx guys....Jeffro...Im thinkin you have a much better Camera...Im sure your pics will compare... :D;) ...And them some...

Cheers...Jeff..

Is there a cross by that rock right above the fence post in the first pic on your second post?

Wes...I see what your lookin at, I but have been walking down there on several occasions...Its Not a Cross...(as far as I know)...Not sure what it is...Ill checker out next time out...Good eye mang... ;) ..

Cheers...Jeff..

Thanx guys....Jeffro...Im thinkin you have a much better Camera...Im sure your pics will compare... :D;) ...And them some...

Cheers...Jeff..

From my experience, its who's behind the camera, not the engine under the hood. Enjoyed the pics and look forward to more of your photos.

Thanks for the pics Jeff. Did you happen to see if any pheasants made it through the winter on your travels?

Although its not the Jeff in question Monger I did see some tracks, but I also did see some winterkilled ones. Overall I think the next season may be a bit slower than the last few years, but there are still some that will make it through. They seem to be fairing well around farm yards and heavy cover so far but thats about it. On the up side Sharpies seem to be doing really well though they are built for this weather.

Thanks for the pics Jeff. Did you happen to see if any pheasants made it through the winter on your travels?

Ive been out to Red Rock 3 times this winter and havent seen any....I did see one about 20km east of there about a month ago...

In the Past years I have seen Hoards of Pheasants just south of the Hat, say 5-10km (if ya want to come this far)....And have seen Many around Cavin Lake just a little bit west of the #41 South....

Cheers...Jeff...