Fly Fusion Forums

Eric Tillman(riders) Charged With Sexual Assault

Guest RedWiggler

I dont care what he says the fact that he is being brought into a story like this involving a 16 year old means he was definitely involved in some way, shape or form, whatever that form is.

Although there is "enough evidence to have a reasonable expectation of a conviction"(the criteria under which crown prosecutors will lay a charge under the Criminal Code), keep in mind a few things:

-this is a charge not a conviction

-in my four years investigating alleged sexual assaults and sexual abuse(in the 1990s), 30% of the allegations were totally unfounded

-there are a wide variety of scenarios that constitute "sexual assault", not all of them involve physical assault

-there are many times that prosecutors are encouraged by "political correctness" to proceed with charges, especially against high profile individuals.

j

Boston Globe:

Sexual scandals strike at highest level of US Catholic Church

Eight US Roman Catholic prelates have resigned since 1990 because of their alleged involvement in sex scandals; seven cases involved the abuse of minors. Two other bishops, Cardinal Bernard Law of Boston and Bishop Manuel Moreno of Tucson, Ariz., resigned over their mishandling of abusive clergy.

The New york Times:

Accused of Sexual Assault, Archbishop Seeks to Retire

Archbishop Rembert G. Weakland of Milwaukee asked the Vatican yesterday to speed up his retirement, hours after a man gave a television interview saying the archbishop had sexually assaulted him when he was a 33-year-old graduate student, then paid him $450,000 in 1998 in a confidential settlement.

Dec. 12, 2003

St. Petersburg bishop puts price on sex abuse claims

St. Petersburg's diocese has spent more than $1-million to settle sex abuse claims. Bishop Robert Lynch apologizes and offers details.

Sept. 10, 2003

Sex abuse costs church $85-million

Victims feel vindicated by the Boston settlement - the largest yet in the priest scandal.

Sept. 3, 2003

Accused of abuse, priest is on leave

The Rev. Timothy Kelley voluntarily steps aside after a former altar boy says he was molested in 1983.

July 31, 2003

Like new archbishop, ceremony humble

BOSTON - Sean Patrick O'Malley begged forgiveness from the victims of clergy sexual abuse Wednesday as he was installed as the new Roman Catholic archbishop of Boston and promised a new start for a community fractured by scandal.

July 24, 2003

Report: Boston priests may have molested over 1,000

BOSTON - An in-depth examination of sexual abuse in the Boston Archdiocese found that Roman Catholic priests and other workers probably molested more than 1,000 people over six decades. The Massachusetts attorney general called the figures "staggering" Wednesday as he issued a report with the findings.

See my point????? A pattern has developed, that's all.

Boston Globe:

Sexual scandals strike at highest level of US Catholic Church

Eight US Roman Catholic prelates have resigned since 1990 because of their alleged involvement in sex scandals; seven cases involved the abuse of minors. Two other bishops, Cardinal Bernard Law of Boston and Bishop Manuel Moreno of Tucson, Ariz., resigned over their mishandling of abusive clergy.

The New york Times:

Accused of Sexual Assault, Archbishop Seeks to Retire

Archbishop Rembert G. Weakland of Milwaukee asked the Vatican yesterday to speed up his retirement, hours after a man gave a television interview saying the archbishop had sexually assaulted him when he was a 33-year-old graduate student, then paid him $450,000 in 1998 in a confidential settlement.

Dec. 12, 2003

St. Petersburg bishop puts price on sex abuse claims

St. Petersburg's diocese has spent more than $1-million to settle sex abuse claims. Bishop Robert Lynch apologizes and offers details.

Sept. 10, 2003

Sex abuse costs church $85-million

Victims feel vindicated by the Boston settlement - the largest yet in the priest scandal.

Sept. 3, 2003

Accused of abuse, priest is on leave

The Rev. Timothy Kelley voluntarily steps aside after a former altar boy says he was molested in 1983.

July 31, 2003

Like new archbishop, ceremony humble

BOSTON - Sean Patrick O'Malley begged forgiveness from the victims of clergy sexual abuse Wednesday as he was installed as the new Roman Catholic archbishop of Boston and promised a new start for a community fractured by scandal.

July 24, 2003

Report: Boston priests may have molested over 1,000

BOSTON - An in-depth examination of sexual abuse in the Boston Archdiocese found that Roman Catholic priests and other workers probably molested more than 1,000 people over six decades. The Massachusetts attorney general called the figures "staggering" Wednesday as he issued a report with the findings.

See my point????? A pattern has developed, that's all.

Well, they were all white as well. I guess since my parents were also white, I was abused as a child. Guess I've repressed it.

Look, there are 400,000 catholic priests in the world. I wouldn't even hazard a guess as to how many ministers. The VAST majority of them are good men and women who have made significant sacrifices to help their "flock". If your original comment had been made at any visible minority, you would be crucified (no pun intended, sorta) for it. But if you make the same statement of a religious group, it seems to be acceptable. Bit of a double standard there.

SJW-those priests were scumbags. I can find examples of scumbag ministers (or doctors, or nurses, or lawyers, or fishermen, or hunters, or whites, or blacks.......) as well. A couple of high profile ones come to mind. But they were not scumbags because they were priests or ministers. They were scumbags who became priests or ministers.

Anyway, hijack over. I hope Tillman didn't do this. If he did, I hope he gets what's coming to him.

Plus his father is a Minister, which means Mr. Tillman was probably sexually assaulted as a kid as well.... but until the facts come out, it's all just speculation.

No offence Drew but what you said about Tillmen may of been sexual assulat as a kid because his father was a minister is the biggest piece of bullshit I have ever heard of, and if this is a joke it is in very bad taste!

Second I don't really give a crap how many articals you post that shows this, what you are talking about is styerotyping people, I have friends that are ministers and you just accused them of potiently doing sexual assualts which I will not put up with.

I think you need to think about what you post, cause what you said was unnessassary and you have NO PROOF that your statement is true.

Ok, OK... Bad attempt a humor.

I have nothing against Ministers, Priests, Church or Religion, but plenty of stories have recently surfaced of sexual misconduct in the catholic system. Although none of this proves anything, and heck, I don't even know if Mr. Tillmans father was Catholic. SO my bad.

The sad thing is; sexual predators come in all shapes and sizes starting with the skeezy van drivin' pervs all the way up to and including priests. Some of them are put into positions of trust and are assumed to be "safe", and I think that's why it seems certain stereotypes arise. Everyone knows not to take candy from a dude in a van, but how about an uncle or a teacher or a priest. It's far easier to coerce someone into doing something when you are looked up to.

Guys need to straighten up when it comes to this kind of stuff. I don't know the particulars on this story but I have had relations with 16 year old girls, when I was 16 also, but point is these girls are not always innocent. The girls I went to school with were far from it in a lot of cases and it was not uncommon for young girls to be dating much older guys. This is where the *hit hits the fan because if buddy is even only 19 he's still involved with a minor, far cry from a 30 something professional who should know better, but you could see the allure to a young girl trying to be a grown up. I would also wager that in a lot of cases the men have no idea exactly how old the girl might(not) be. These days it can be hard to tell. Of course these are all weak excuses and fact is 16 years old is a kid no matter how you slice it and you don't have to look too hard to tell how young a girl might actually be, so any jerk trying to punch the consent card should have his ass fed to him at any rate. However, I would imagine that what ever transpired between him and this girl at the time he did not see this coming for a second. One minute you're partying, doing lines with some young girls next minute the cops are at your door. Ultimately it's the men that have to be accountable, although there have been some cases involving women as well, and it's pretty black and white based on legality.

Good thing I like the older ones. :).

The sad thing is; sexual predators come in all shapes and sizes starting with the skeezy van drivin' pervs all the way up to and including priests. Some of them are put into positions of trust and are assumed to be "safe", and I think that's why it seems certain stereotypes arise. Everyone knows not to take candy from a dude in a van, but how about an uncle or a teacher or a priest. It's far easier to coerce someone into doing something when you are looked up to.

Guys need to straighten up when it comes to this kind of stuff. I don't know the particulars on this story but I have had relations with 16 year old girls, when I was 16 also, but point is these girls are not always innocent. The girls I went to school with were far from it in a lot of cases and it was not uncommon for young girls to be dating much older guys. This is where the *hit hits the fan because if buddy is even only 19 he's still involved with a minor, far cry from a 30 something professional who should know better, but you could see the allure to a young girl trying to be a grown up. I would also wager that in a lot of cases the men have no idea exactly how old the girl might(not) be. These days it can be hard to tell. Of course these are all weak excuses and fact is 16 years old is a kid no matter how you slice it and you don't have to look too hard to tell how young a girl might actually be, so any jerk trying to punch the consent card should have his ass fed to him at any rate. However, I would imagine that what ever transpired between him and this girl at the time he did not see this coming for a second. One minute you're partying, doing lines with some young girls next minute the cops are at your door. Ultimately it's the men that have to be accountable, although there have been some cases involving women as well, and it's pretty black and white based on legality.

Good thing I like the older ones. :).

that is why i always get the younger looking girls to sign the "age waiver" just doing my due diliagence.... lol