Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Fishing Sacred Waters Hd

Hello Fellow Fly Fishers,

I have taken a week off work to get on top of the pile of editing as well as to train my new pup. This new movie Fly Fishing Sacred Waters follows a long section of river my Grandfather fly fished 60 years ago on his ( now mine ) Bamboo Hardy. I thought about fishing his old rod in this Movie but the thought of a 15 pound bull snapping it made me change my mind. It turned out to be a great day with many treats found along the river. Remember to click the HD button to have the best viewing experience

I hope you enjoy the newest addition in the Humblefisherman series.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1BBck5oNJDg

:masterbaiter: anyone ever seen this guy on the river? hes like a ghost. or hes always on the other shore line!! love the vids buddy. props to cory, without him you wouldnt be able to do what you do so well. hey you should have more of that tall bearded feller on yer vids, hes good!!

Seriously, you should do a fly fishing show for WFN. In my opinion the ones they already show are poorly done, especially the new fly fisher.

Your videos continue to improve and I would go as far as saying they are already better than the ones you see on the tube. Think about it, you have an amazing canvas to work with here in Alberta, you have natural talent in front of the camera and behind a fly rod. You also have a unique perspective and personality that would be hugely popular.

The only thing I would like to see more of would be much more technique footage (casting, reading water, fly selection) with commentary.

All of the shows out there besides Oliver Edwards are about 98% dragging fish to the shores which is about as boring as watching hicks, wearing what looks like NASCAR garb, drag bass to their boats every 30 seconds

Common dude, it's about time you represent!

:masterbaiter: anyone ever seen this guy on the river? hes like a ghost. or hes always on the other shore line!! love the vids buddy. props to cory, without him you wouldnt be able to do what you do so well. hey you should have more of that tall bearded feller on yer vids, hes good!!

haha You may not see me on any shoreline as i tend to spend most of the time unsnagging from the trees behind me. I sometimes fish with a tall bearded fellow that has a likeness to sasquatch, goes by the name of Strando. He's easy enough to spot.

And Yes! Props to Cory Indeed. Cory has become an amazing Camera operator, he has an artistic eye to carry the observers perspective. I really enjoy the editing process, and alway's look forward to see what he has captured at the end of the day. Cory came aboard in 2006 as he filled in for our old Camera Op Timmy when we filmed the movie "The Impossible Canyon".

It was obvious even at that time that he had a knack for it. I'm glad he's on board, without him it probably wouldn't happen. We do blindfold him on the drive tho, it's now become a custom.

Seriously, you should do a fly fishing show for WFN. In my opinion the ones they already show are poorly done, especially the new fly fisher.

Your videos continue to improve and I would go as far as saying they are already better than the ones you see on the tube. Think about it, you have an amazing canvas to work with here in Alberta, you have natural talent in front of the camera and behind a fly rod. You also have a unique perspective and personality that would be hugely popular.

The only thing I would like to see more of would be much more technique footage (casting, reading water, fly selection) with commentary.

All of the shows out there besides Oliver Edwards are about 98% dragging fish to the shores which is about as boring as watching hicks, wearing what looks like NASCAR garb, drag bass to their boats every 30 seconds

Common dude, it's about time you represent!

Thanks Kungfool, I agree... lots of what's on t.v. is garbage. My ultimate goal has alway's been to take this thing as far as i can. The last few movies will be submitted in a package that will be going out to some of the larger networks in the coming weeks wfn is one of them. I will be producing a total of 50 movies to round out this first set of films. The series has had a natural growth as everyone involved has gotten used to to camera's, and the pressure of filming. We as a collective group have evolved. I would like to get to the point were a third party can drop a few of us off anywhere in the world where big trout need to be caught, and we film what happens.

Because something usually does.

As for more commentary, i usually and end up cutting most of it out thinking i talk to much as it is. I will be doing a 5 part series of How 2's, I'll be talking your ear off in those ones. As a whole, I will try to incorporate i bit more of the education end of things.

Thanks to everyone for your input and support, it continues to push us along!

Guest KnottyGirl
I will be doing a 5 part series of How 2's, I'll be talking your ear off in those ones. As a whole, I will try to incorporate i bit more of the education end of things.

I'll be lookin' forward to that!

Thanks for another great video!!

Guest RedWiggler
Thanks Kungfool, I agree... lots of what's on t.v. is garbage. My ultimate goal has alway's been to take this thing as far as i can. The last few movies will be submitted in a package that will be going out to some of the larger networks in the coming weeks wfn is one of them. I will be producing a total of 50 movies to round out this first set of films. The series has had a natural growth as everyone involved has gotten used to to camera's, and the pressure of filming. We as a collective group have evolved. I would like to get to the point were a third party can drop a few of us off anywhere in the world where big trout need to be caught, and we film what happens.

Because something usually does.

As for more commentary, i usually and end up cutting most of it out thinking i talk to much as it is. I will be doing a 5 part series of How 2's, I'll be talking your ear off in those ones. As a whole, I will try to incorporate i bit more of the education end of things.

Thanks to everyone for your input and support, it continues to push us along!

I agree with KUNGFOOL 100%, everytme I watch one of your vids I think "man, how come the shows on TV are not this good". I love how its all about the scenery, fishing and friends, you should be making money doing this man.

yeah... the guys from columbia country are so exciting!!! (no offense fellaz, but times have changed) remember the extreme angler? was his name seth....seth burrill, yeah i think thats it. that guy ruled!! i always expected him to crack a pilsner between shots. i have a very strong feeling well be seeing jays vids on a weekly segment very soon. talent like him n corys wont go un-produced for very long.

I completely agree with all the above. I do hope to see "The Humble Fisherman" on the air soon. The trick, I'd imagine, is in entertaining not only the fly fisherman, but fishermen and outdoorsmen in general. Personally, I find Jay's footage thrilling, but I'm an easy sell. Catch a cuttie in a mountain stream or a big rainbow on the Bow, and I'm fairly well hooked. But I, and those on this board like me, make up a very small percentage of the viewers a show like this would need to target to survive. If I was a betting man, I'd say Jay has an excellent chance. I can't imagine any fisherman watching his work and not going "wow". But the excellent fishing, scenery, and respect for the sport and environment will need to be augmented by on screen personality. I'm glad to hear you will be working on that in your next series. (not working on getting a personality, but working on showing it on film!)

I'm sure you will succeed. But I'm just as sure it will be a lot of work. Best of Luck.

Love that vid. That was your best one yet (IMHO). Well done.

If you ever want to shoot some really neat crow footage, or farther south, waaay south... gimme a PM. I could certainly take you to spots that would be prime footage locations for both the fishing, and the setting. Big trout down south? Just a rumor :)

Love that vid. That was your best one yet (IMHO). Well done.

If you ever want to shoot some really neat crow footage, or farther south, waaay south... gimme a PM. I could certainly take you to spots that would be prime footage locations for both the fishing, and the setting. Big trout down south? Just a rumor :)

i "heard" the same rumor, you live in the area? you know mitch?

I await each releae like waiting for my tax refund cheque...when, when,when will it be here?....soundtracks are great and you always seem to hit a sunny day...lol..I have been watching some of the Hooked on Fly show on Oasis HD channel....great sights, nice fish....have to turn the volume off though as the host could use some humbling....pun intended..stay the course please....sk