Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Tying

bigbrooktrout

• 4 weeks later...

I just started tying a couple of months ago and have found you tube to be a great resource. It will enable you to watch the techniques over and over to see just how things can be done. Learning how to whip finish was driving me crazy until I went to you tube......highly recommend it. The club will be awesome as well as you can get ideas on what to tie and different techniqes.

Guest RedWiggler

Buy a couple books and videos. I find vids a little better to learn from as you can actually see it being done, books are great you just dont get the full picture sometimes. Take a beginner fly tying course and you will be well on your way.

If you can get into Calgary, Country Pleasures and Fish tales usually run weekend seminars. These guy would for sure help you out... Im sure if you went in with a question they'd show you whats going on no problem.

• 1 month later...
I am one of the old guys on Fly Tying the Anglers Art. Now there is just one old guy and one young gal who also ties.

I thought you might be "that" Leroy. Welcome to the board! Fly Tying the Angler's Art is a great, and very educational show. Worth getting up early to watch for sure!

Leroy, at your tying seminar you mentioned you had a new show coming soon, when will be aired?

Bigbrooktrout if you are interested I am trying to organize a fly tying evening for next Sturday the 14th if you are interested I am sure a few of us would be happy to give you some pointers. I live in Tuscany so we are practically neighbours.

Yeah Leroy when is your new show coming out?

I haven't watched your old show yet as I have found alot of shows I grow bored with or might miss something and without the ability to go back its pretty hard sometimes, I guess I just need to record the shows on my PVR so I can go back and watch what I missed.

I have been out of town all weekend tying or I would have answered this sooner. The new show is to be aired in April. At least that is the goal. Washing State University, where we film, has not had the budget money to edit. We are told now it is about half completed and April is still the goal.

Thanks for watching the show. it is always nice to know someone is watching and enjoying what we are foing.

Thanks for watching the show. it is always nice to know someone is watching and enjoying what we are foing.

Loved the old show and sure will watch the new one....

A show dedicated to Fly Tying, IMHO can't beat that....

Thanks..... for doing the shows and Plse keep doing ........

• 2 weeks later...