Fly Fusion Forums

Stupid Ice

I was walking outside my office today on my way to lunch and slipped and fell on a small icy slope leading into the alley, in direct view of my smoking workmates who rushed to my rescue. Though my elbow and hip were a bit sore, I assured them I was alright while trying to hide my embarrassment and wondering how I was going to see clients this afternoon with my shirt and pants fairly covered in mud. As time went by however, the area above and below my elbow started to hurt a bit. A little later it started to throb.....

I had the xray a couple of hours ago. The pain has subsided thanks to codeine. My daughter came in a bit ago, saw the sling and said "are you ok Daddy? Will we be able to ski this weekend?" Since I didn't get the xray until after 4, the doc won't have the results until noon or so. Hope it's not broke. The thought of no skiing or no fishing (it is of course the right arm) for a couple of months makes the thought of winter a bit unbearable.

Lynn, I may not be able to flip pancakes! Sorry for following your lead for slipping on the ice.

Yikes Rick! Hope it's not broken. I, unfortunately, cannot even blame the ice for my fractured arm - I just plan tripped on a crack in the sidewalk. Whereas you got sympathy from your coworkers and family, I got nothing but chuckles and jokes (step on a crack, break your mother's back was a big one). But...I feel your pain buddy...and I will keep my fingers crossed you have no breaks/fractures. Over 4 weeks later and mine is still not fully functional by any means.....makes it a bitch to get your bra done up. Not that you have that to worry about. I think. Let us know how it turns out. You don't have to flip pancakes but you can still come and eat them!

that roof avalanche was insane dude! but what if up with opening your door and trying too slow your vehile down with your feet? people should quite life! but the last driving clip took teh cake.. that first dude was f*ckin insane.... must jsut bin freaking out with the foot on the gas? wutta yall think? unreal footage taco!

sorry too jack the thread rick... but like yea!! how the hell do u do a 180 then into the other street into reverse and keep on going.... like wtf..... i almost fell over in disbelief....unreal!

That K5 footage was from Seattle in 07. If you have ever been to Seattle you will know that it is all freaking hills and if they ever get rain then it freezes look out.

Rick I hope all is well and I hope you heal fast

That's wild...I gotta send that video to my gf in Seattle....I'll bet she's never seen it. That's my worst nightmare - driving on the Deerfoot and next thing you know you're going sideways and not stopping. Happened to me once in Toronto in a freezing rain storm and I hit black ice. Went sideways into a concrete wall - it was a surreal feeling - probably about 5 seconds worth of mayhem but it felt like 5 hours.

Anyways....have you heard if it's broke yet Rick?

Edit:

By the way Tylenol 3's at work=GOOD.

Tylenol 3s make you consipated as hell, now 3 or 4 Tylenol and codeine and a snort of Irish whiskey will kill the pain AND give you a pretty good buzz

Tylenol 3s make you consipated as hell, now 3 or 4 Tylenol and codeine and a snort of Irish whiskey will kill the pain AND give you a pretty good buzz

Yes.. yes they do!

I had something written out here.. but it might be more crude than funny.

Hope your arm heals up Rick!

Glad it's not broken. OK...Tylenol 3's for a non-break are OK. I retract the pussy comment.

And...I totally forgot about that anthem singer. If that isn't the most embarrassing moment in that girl's life I just don't know what would be. I laughed a little too hard at that.

Glad it's not broken. OK...Tylenol 3's for a non-break are OK. I retract the pussy comment.

And...I totally forgot about that anthem singer. If that isn't the most embarrassing moment in that girl's life I just don't know what would be. I laughed a little too hard at that.

x2 On the percocet.......WOW....

After severely burning my hand the percocet allowed me to maintain my sanity. I will say it is very addictive and when they nearly pushed me over to take another prescription I very reluctantly said no. Never slept better or been as numb as on percocet. I have yet to be administered morphine, I hear the hangover sucks, but the ride is good.

To keep 'er somewhat on track. sorry to hear about your slip Rick and if anybody at work gives you a hard time, take it out of there paycheck....lol

x2 On the percocet.......WOW....

After severely burning my hand the percocet allowed me to maintain my sanity. I will say it is very addictive and when they nearly pushed me over to take another prescription I very reluctantly said no. Never slept better or been as numb as on percocet. I have yet to be administered morphine, I hear the hangover sucks, but the ride is good.

To keep 'er somewhat on track. sorry to hear about your slip Rick and if anybody at work gives you a hard time, take it out of there paycheck....lol

The Percosets just made me sleep....didn't really do anything for my arm pain, so I only took the 1/2 a pill one time and the rest sit in my drawer upstairs. I had morphine intravenously when I had surgery over a year ago. Had 2 hits right afterwards and it depressed my breathing rhythm so badly and made me so sick, I decided living with the pain was the better option. Don't know about the hangover part - I would imagine it can't be any worse than an anaesthesia hangover.

That kind of stuff scares me - pills and medication like that. I'd have to be pretty wicked sick (ie almost dead) before I'll take anything. It's kinda good...I've built up quite the tolerance for pain over the years :D

Sorry for the threadjack there Rick. Is your arm feeling better these days or still swollen and hurting? I'm just down the road from ya if you'd like something stronger than a baby Tylenol <--poke--<

Rick think about the advantages of learning to cast with the opposite arm, you don't have to give up fishing for a few weeks, just relearn to cast left,

on the morphine subject, I had it for a bit after a bike accident 10 years ago. Put the hadle bar into my guts, and got pretty busted up, after dropping the bike during a high speed wobble. didn't really take the pain away just made it very interesting. but no hang over from it.

Teck

Tylenol 3's.. percoset.. morphine.. pssft! Child's play!

The REAL painkiller is the general anethesia! LOL.

That stuff is ridiculous. They asked me to count down from ten, and I think I made it to...... *snore*