Fly Fusion Forums

Stupid Ice

Tylenol 3's.. percoset.. morphine.. pssft! Child's play!

The REAL painkiller is the general anethesia! LOL.

That stuff is ridiculous. They asked me to count down from ten, and I think I made it to...... *snore*

Isn't that the most bizarre feeling in the world? Last time I got put under I remember the doctor saying "....and you will go have a nice, long sleeeeeee". Didn't even make it to the "p" ha ha. Waking up is a different story...I hate that. I remember hearing all sorts of voices and beeps and machines and people asking me questions but I couldn't make my eyes open. That stuff scares me too.....anaesthesia is not to be messed with!

Craziness. Had it done 3 times in 2008. Shooting for ZERO this year.

One of my other ones was that way too.. doctor was like "Imagine yourself some place nice, some place warm.." and then I was waking up. Yeah, it's nuts how groggy you are when you wake up!

I was reading about general anesthesia a bit and they basically say that they're borderline killing you.. which is why the right dose is so crucial.

I've only had anesthesia once, when I got the ole colonoscopy. What a party that is! Anyway, did the count backwards from 10, made it to like 8, then don't remember a thing. Woke up just as they were finished. Nurse asked, "how much do you remember?" "Nothing, I was completely out of it." "No you weren't" she said. "You were telling stories the whole time."

Typical. I even tell stories in my chemically induced sleep.

...........I was reading about general anesthesia a bit and they basically say that they're borderline killing you.. which is why the right dose is so crucial.

Yes, that's why they try to avoid general anaesthesia when possible. I had some hip replacements done a few years ago, and rather than a GA, they give you a local spinal anaesthetic. Then they dose you up with sedatives (happy juice of some kind) so you don't give a sheet while they're cutting and chopping with the saws and chisels. Worked like a damn. I'd post a picture of my scars, but you don't want to see them :lol:. Terry

P.S. - I think I need to complain now.. I didn't get anesthetic for my colonsocopy! Just some "sleepy drugs".

I suppose it was just sleepy drugs, but happy sleepy drugs. While i was only lucid for a couple of seconds, it was a FUN couple of seconds!