What Are You Tying Lately?

Flytyer

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron,

Those are awesome.

I tied up a gray ghost and 2 americas for a customer.

*hit i need to come by yer house.

Tell me what carrie stevens fly you want tied.

Something that looks good works for me.

Just finished this box

http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flybox1oa5.pdf

Sorry can't get to attach it any other way

Now I got to finshing off Dad's Christmas gift ......................4 dozen Atlantic Hairwings, almost there.

Then back to a streamer box for Feb 1st opening.

You know when you are posting there is a upload photo thing in the bottom right corner eh?

was all about the ants, caddis emergers and pupae lastweek this week and weekend that jsut past has bin nothing but intruders prawns and oldschoolish steelie flies then will finish off the week with some nymphs i havnt bin wanting too tye but no i must tye

was all about the ants, caddis emergers and pupae lastweek this week and weekend that jsut past has bin nothing but intruders prawns and oldschoolish steelie flies then will finish off the week with some nymphs i havnt bin wanting too tye but no i must tye

When and where you going steelheading?

Guest Dennis59

I've been working on several patterns the BB Hopper(Best Buy Hopper) I'm working on a packing foam swap on the Northern Lights Fly Tyers web page. Also working on Klinks and Softhackles.

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S :laxfisher::fish_jump:

is that a treebeed nymph up in the top left barnes!

Yeah it is ...................the searuns seem to like them....................at least they did last year. Those are tyed on 2457's but really you need a 200R or 1260 to tye them right.............atleast how I seen them anyway

I have been tying spey/dees lately...... nothing I am proud enough of to take the time to photograph and post but I have been getting really frustrated with em lately..... still haven't gotten the bronze mallard winging mastered. Last night I spent nearly 3 hours placing 1 (yeah 1) set of wings and DESTROYED a full pack of bronze mallard....(I now need to find more bronze mallard) I think I may be trying to tie on too small a hooks for Bronze mallard. size 2's usually and not 2/0 but just size 2s I think. So with the wing in the proper dimensions they are less then an inch long and it seems to be tough to find suitably short decent wings on the mallard I got. Its funny though I tied one last week and took 1 shot at the wings on a lunch break and got it just right first shot in about 1 minute...... I also haven't been able to find my book on tying em for 6 months and I think maybe I have forgotten some tricks over the summer.

SD where do you order your winging materials. I want to switch to fully dressed for a while and have a good selection of GP crests, and floss in assorted colours. However I have nothing of good enough quality or any nice matched feathers for the wings. Got some swan in black and pinky purple but they are not very high quality and they have been picked over pretty good.

Oh and if you could have one book on tying Fully dressed flies what would it be?