Fly Fusion Forums

Candian Fly Fishing Championships To Be Held In Fernie

bloom

national champ???? bahahahahahaaa. yeah its real hard to catch a cuttie in fernie. not to mention the oh so elusive bull trout. gimme a break, my grandma fishes those waters. maybe she should enter. poor, poor location. national champ.....wow! just bring a white feather tied to a large hook and youll be the next champ!!

national champ???? bahahahahahaaa. yeah its real hard to catch a cuttie in fernie. not to mention the oh so elusive bull trout. gimme a break, my grandma fishes those waters. maybe she should enter. poor, poor location. national champ.....wow! just bring a white feather tied to a large hook and youll be the next champ!!

Alright then how about you throw your hat in the ring, sounds like your pretty optimistic your grandma would win, so it should be a piece of cake for you. Go for it try your luck against canada's competition anglers!!!

I have to ask you, whats wrong with a venue with lots of dumb fish, would you prefer a venue with small numbers of difficult fish? When you get a venue like that its too easy for people to blame things like bad beats for their lack of skill. This way people can't blame anyone but themselves, and trust me its alot more fun catching 15 fish in a session, compaired to one.

FFC's goal is to make these events fun as possible.

Even if you don't win im sure you'll have a good time, fernie area is pretty fun, there should be some big numbers pulled out of these venues. Although there is usually atleast one tricky venue in each competition.

Thekingfisher, you are allowed five people per team, one fo which is captain. If you choose to bring a spare then you are allowed to have 6 anglers to a team, but only five who can fish at one time, if someone isn't performing as you would like you can "sub in" a spare for a session.

some people are taking these posts way to seriously. i have lots of respect for the comp angler. and i believe wisdom is an asset on the river. i dont doubt that anyone reading this could win. but those waters will reward anyone who tosses a fly in them. we live in the greatest place for beginners and intermediate anglers, because our fish take to the fly quite often twice in an hour. yeah catching lots of fish is fun, but dont tell me this determines the champ!!! ive taken many newbies out to these places and shown them plenty of fish. my girl outfishes me most the time and she just started. aside from technique, she stands just as good of chance catching bigger fish as any of us. dont get me wrong, im grateful to live so close to these waters, but lets all remember the dude with a beer gut and lawn chair with a can of worms catches the same fish we do. fishing is allot easier than some of you think! ok...lets have the retalliation replies.

How is someone not supposed to take that post seriously? It wreaks of condescension. What does it matter where they chose to have the competition? Where, in your opinion, would've been a better place to hold it? I'm very interested to see. I don't suspect there will be a lot of bull trout action at the time of the competition...mid-September, 2009. They'll be in their spawning tribs. still.

Chris,

I'll fish with you if you're serious about entering a team.

BTW....I get schooled enuff from ggp....LOL...He schooled me on the Crow last week...He was nailen nice Bows.... and all I could get to hand were Whities...LOL...Hell, he schooled me big time on the Bow this Spring....*NOTE* I Must put more time in on the Bow.... <--poke--<

Cheers...Jeff..