Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Rod And Mtb Flies Auctions!

reevesr1

Folks,

Edit 11/28:

Rod is sold for $250.00 to Golfman09

Current bid on MTB's Flies is $70.00 by Troutlover

(can someone else buy these, I don't need him catching more fish than me because of superior gear)

Last spring I got to test a prototype rod for Wayne Hanson. The rod was a fast action 9 ft 4 pc 6 wt. I was fortunate enough to be able to test it out on many large fish and loved the power of the rod and how I was able to turn fish much easier than I was able to with my TFO. It was also able to cast some fairly heavy nymph rigs and streamers with ease, and significantly further than with my old rod. When the test was over, I did not want to give it back. Fortunately, when I gave it back Wayne gave me one of the first production versions and it has been my Bow River rod ever since. I absolutely love it. I know Max has used it, and had good things to say about it. I hope he will post them here.

Since then, it has become a top selling rod a Hanson's, selling for around $350.00. Wayne graciously gave me one to put up for my Prostrate Cancer Research fund raiser. Here is how this will work. I will put this rod up for auction starting now until this Wed at 10 PM. The winner will then donate the total bid to my fundraising site, and will get a tax receipt for the total. This will be completely tax deductible, and would make a great xmas present

Details:

The rod is called a XStreme Travler. I would call it a medium fast (to fast) action 4 pc 6 wt. It is also available in a 5wt if you like. It is IM8 graphite rod designed with the bow river in mind. It is a fantastic nymphing and streamer rod. I have used it for dries as well with good success. It comes with the rod tube shown.

I would like the bidding to start at $100.00. Post your bids on this thread please.

Thanks and good luck.

pb2201079820248jo1.jpg

pb2201089853385ox5.jpg

Edit 11/26:

MTB has added 25 of his killer flies and a fly box to be auctioned separately from the rod. This auction will end at 8 PM on Friday (thanks Brett!!)

ive demo'd this rod for wayne and quite liked it. like rick said its a fast action rod with a tip flex. i has some power through the blank and can turn over some pretty big nymph rigs and handles good sized streamers with ease. really likes it for the underhand casting style i prefer. definetly matches up with teh tfo's, lower end sages, loomis etc...

I'll say $200.......looks like a beauty rod and for a great cause. My grandfather has had a brush with the disease and is still going strong 10 years later. Its great that you are able to raise some money for the organization......its just too bad they can't find another way to do the checkups.......I've been told by my wife to go and get it checked but haven't had the guts to buckle down and get in there. Maybe that'll be my new years resolution.......maybe......

I will go $225...

but rickr also has to post that David Suzuki is a bag of hot wind...

:-)

David Suzuki is a bag of hot wind. His exhaled breath is the sole source of this so called "global warming". Sundancefisher, though a big hairy monkey, cools the temp of the globe merely by the sheer force of his intellect.

That ok?

Guest Sundancefisher
David Suzuki is a bag of hot wind. His exhaled breath is the sole source of this so called "global warming". Sundancefisher, though a big hairy monkey, cools the temp of the globe merely by the sheer force of his intellect.

That ok?

Done

$225 my bid.

goood news! you don't have to find a doctor with small fingers anymore. They have a different way to test now.

They do a PSA test. It's a blood test that looks for Prostrate Specific Antigen (I did have to google it) as an early indicator of Prostrate Cancer. All is not good on the finger front however. The doctor will still do the finger thing to check for abnormalities. I think the finger is the freakin' abnormality, but my doctor seems to disagree. But think of it this way, moments of extreme displeasure and indignity balanced against dying early. Not that tough a decision.

And Jared, I think the advent of my stache coincides with your fishing slump. Don't worry, it will be gone soon (the stache and your slump I hope)

To get back on track we are at the Big Hairy Monkey Global Cooler at

$225.00

Thanks MTB, but let's keep it a separate auction:

MissinTheBow is donating 25 of his killer flies (and anyone who has fished his stuff knows I speak the truth) with fly box. Let's let this one run until Friday evening at 8 PM.

Let the bidding commence!!