Fly Fusion Forums

For The Leafs Fans

I was standing in line at Starbuck's in the Westin this morning. Looked at the guy in front of me and thought:

"Man, that guy looks just like Curtis Joseph." Then I realized the Leafs are in town, and I was at the Westin which pretty much made that guy Curtis Joseph. Don't know who he was with, but they were both just under 6' tall and looked like they could take you apart pretty easily.

Pretty cool. That kind of stuff never happens in Houston.

Definitely a cool thing about living in a hockey town. So far I've been able to chat with Marty Gelinas and Dean McAmmond. Saw Kelly Hrudey in line at a Timmy's one morning.. and the wife saw Iggy coming out of the Children's Hospital one day.

Cool, Love CUJO great net minder, in town here I have not had the chance, guess need to drink more coffee.

But my Parents live just down the road from Walter Gretzky in Brantford, and met Darryl Sittler and Bobby Orr when I was a kid. great guys still have the autographed card Bobby signed for me.

oh and met Domi once but I generally don't admit it

I was standing in line at Starbuck's in the Westin this morning. Looked at the guy in front of me and thought:

"Man, that guy looks just like Curtis Joseph." Then I realized the Leafs are in town, and I was at the Westin which pretty much made that guy Curtis Joseph. Don't know who he was with, but they were both just under 6' tall and looked like they could take you apart pretty easily.

I must have seen him right after you. He walked out of the Starbucks, someone called his name and he turned to look as he was walking. Walked right in front of a city bus. Fortunately it went right between his legs.

Actually, I really liked it when Cujo was here last year - I wish we still had him.

Ran into Conroy once - great guy to talk to, really attentive and zero attitude.

I ran in to Brett Hull in the Cabo Wabo bar in Cabo san Lucas during the strike year. I talked with him for a while and then I called my friend over. I asked Brett if we could get a photo and he said "Yes". So I gave him my camera and he took our picture!! Not what he expected. It was classic!! I now have a "Brett Hull snapshot"!!

I saw Kelly Hrudey in Chinook once - he's short.

Mike saw Jarome Iginla in his black Escalade cruising around Douglasdale - he was smiling at our old golden Jessie as he walked him.

Mike talked with Brenda Morrison when he went fishing in the Queen Charlotte Islands once. He said he's short too.

I like Cujo - Leaf or not, always have. I wish he was still here in Calgary.

Oh oh, that does it for me I guess (and bigbowtrout) :) . Actually, the median height for males is around 69.5" (5' 9.5"), and 5' 11" is around the 60th percentile (i.e. 60% of men are shorter).

http://www.halls.md/chart/men-height-w.htm

I know, I doth protest too much.

Terry

Wow...I had no idea. Maybe because I'm 5 foot 7 and a half (yes...that half inch matters!) it just seems that men should be taller. Purely my perspective only obviously.

And what BBT lacks for in height he makes up for in raw manly masculinity :lol:

And what BBT lacks for in height he makes up for in raw manly masculinity

Thanks Lynn :wub:

Terry I'm 6' and holding but at your age the ground must be coming up fast.

I know a couple of loser Oiler/Esk fans that are related to Kelly Hrudey. It seems that Kelly got all the looks and talent in the family. <--poke--<

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=2390

......... Terry I'm 6' and holding but at your age the ground must be coming up fast. ............

Chris, as long as I'm still above the ground, it's a good day. Do you measure your fish with the same tape you do your height with? Terry

• 3 weeks later...