Fly Fusion Forums

The Official 08/2099 Shack Nasties Thread (nsfw And Anything Goes)

We are intraweb legends!

So, you guys bought a couple of cheap spey rods and now you are legends???... And you're tossing 15' of T-14 a hundred feet...500 times a day? When do you find the time to fish?

15' of T-14 eh... Are you trying to raise the Titantic off the bottom or are you only legends when you fish for Steelhead in +3C water temps., when their brains are numb and inactive (dumb)...kind of like you punks...

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Toolman,

I am doing fine in my swamp and had a great year. I wonder why you take all this ffing stuff so seriously?? It must be because you have no life and no other way to measure yourself in this great place called society.. You are less than invisible to me and many others who have flyfished the Bow for many decades ! I will take you seriously , maybe , if you stop preaching, and maybe start teaching..But, I don't think you have it in you...I too also think that catching a normal Bow River 20" fish on a Spey Rod is not much of a challenge..What Ever Floats Your Boat Man...Oh Ya, You Don't Have One...GOOF!!!

I never catch normal 20" trout with my Spey on the Bow...I only target the smart ones...

Occasionally, I like to play with the dumb ones too...welcome.

So, you are only a legend when the Steelhead go Nuts and are easy to catch...I see...so you are saying...

"Steelhead are dumb and easy too catch"...Thought I already mentioned that a couple pages back...

You Skagiteers are all the same...clueless...

I just figured that someone who is raving on how easy and dumb steelhead are would be able to catch more then 1 baby hen, especially being such a master of the spey rod.

Shows how little you know too. Steelhead are next to impossible to catch when water temps are that low because they go off the feed. The best steelheading is when you get a nice warm snap, right around christmastime ;) And the fish go NUTS because their metabolisms jump and the need FOOD. But I guess noone told you that eh ;)

PS I heard you were soaking your flies in a roe bucket the night before.....AHAHAHAHAHA. Any moron can snag a steelhead on goo.

:masterbaiter:

are these summer or winter run fish?

wow there is some genuine hate on here eh? .. negativity gives me heartburn especially when fishing is involved..and all this talk about steelhead feeding and *hit .. you talk like those anadromous trout are the be all end all of sportfishing a benchmark of sorts .. im sure steelheaders on the coast would get a get kick out of this thread .. guys who fish them all the time .. Im sure they got the what when and where figured out much like a good population of this community does the Bow .. no matter how good/bad you are at something there is always somebody 100 times better/worst. Fact is..sea run anything can be difficult to catch at times and other times difficult to keep off your fly .. so go chase your Christmas steel when they are fishing well..and preach how you are the master cause you done well on a three day trip and why your at it pull your head out of your ass and try and realize when the fish are feeding hard a newb with a broomhandle, string and a paperclip could probably land a fish..fishing anadromous fish is 80% timing and 20% luck

Sorry to hi-Jack the little bitch fight going on, but I thought I'd post some pics from this past season.

Pictures of Glenbow, Rickr, Rusty and I moving some clients of our's to secret spots on the Bow with our new "Jet Boat Taxi" service.

jet-boat-taupo-huka-falls.jpg

07NZ_1053_Wilkin_River_jet_boat.jpg

Here's a few pictures of our clients with some of their catches that were safely released of course.

rotenon.jpg

howquaopening2005_2.jpg

fishing-speckle-stringer-001b.jpg

GullLakeMarnia-carvings034.jpg

I shouldn't post these, (in case my wife ever stops by the forum), but this might explain why I didn't call some of you to fish with and went fishing "by myself" more this year. Here's some pictures of my new fishing partners.

NICERelease.jpg

bikinifishing.jpg

....and here's a picture of Hawgstoppah's new partner

hotlady.jpg

Now....Back to your little online spat ladies......

are these summer or winter run fish?

well pgk? you dont even know do you. if they are summer run fish then chances are that the fish you catch in dec are not so fresh and been in the river a long time (red stripes and rosey cheeks), and are more likely to be duds (lame fight). but catching these same fish earlier in the season when they are fresh out of ocean and chrome bright they are a different animal (way more fun to catch). with water temps warmer and the fish being fresh, they can be very aggressive and will move long ways to grab your fly. hence no need to be casting any sinktips ( let alone trying to force feed them on the bottom with 15' of t14). Skating a dry fly is amazing.If they are winter run then you should be catching some beautiful chromers and there is a need for sink tips.

You say like catching chinook on the fly. same same are these chromers or boots. I have seen alot of pics of guys with booty chinooks. there are very few rivers where they are bumper chrome bright and will actually eat the fly and not get flossed.

You also say that you make 500, 100' casts a day.( do you know how far 100' is) How many have you actually hooked that far out. there is the odd one but the majority are in much closer. if you only make 100' casts all day it tells me that you dont know how to read steelhead water because most runs on most rivers (there are exceptions) a 100 fter is over casting. This is also very common mistake when people have just learned to cast a spey rod. sure it is fun to cast that far or have learned to do so but now you are casting and not fishing.

If you are the god that you think you are why havent you posted some pics of all your beautiful fish.

Well?

well pgk? you dont even know do you. if they are summer run fish then chances are that the fish you catch in dec are not so fresh and been in the river a long time (red stripes and rosey cheeks), and are more likely to be duds (lame fight). but catching these same fish earlier in the season when they are fresh out of ocean and chrome bright they are a different animal (way more fun to catch). with water temps warmer and the fish being fresh, they can be very aggressive and will move long ways to grab your fly. hence no need to be casting any sinktips ( let alone trying to force feed them on the bottom with 15' of t14). Skating a dry fly is amazing.If they are winter run then you should be catching some beautiful chromers and there is a need for sink tips.

You say like catching chinook on the fly. same same are these chromers or boots. I have seen alot of pics of guys with booty chinooks. there are very few rivers where they are bumper chrome bright and will actually eat the fly and not get flossed.

You also say that you make 500, 100' casts a day.( do you know how far 100' is) How many have you actually hooked that far out. there is the odd one but the majority are in much closer. if you only make 100' casts all day it tells me that you dont know how to read steelhead water because most runs on most rivers (there are exceptions) a 100 fter is over casting. This is also very common mistake when people have just learned to cast a spey rod. sure it is fun to cast that far or have learned to do so but now you are casting and not fishing.

If you are the god that you think you are why havent you posted some pics of all your beautiful fish.

Well?

Whats the matter PGK, cat got your tongue?