Fly Fusion Forums

I Am Thankfull

Jayhad

Happy thanksgiving everyone, I will try to drop pics on here over the next few days between fishing. these are from the Harrison region... sorry that's about as detailed as i will get.

First salmon on the fly

IMGP1119.jpg

as far as the boat goes

IMGP1125.jpg

first decent hole holding fish

IMGP1132.jpg

From above the hole, I wish i had a polarized filter

IMGP1136.jpg

Rain forest

IMGP1133.jpg

theres much more to come... if i told you guys the 4 of us caught over 3 metric tonnes of fish i don't think it would be a lie.

There aren't as many pics of me as I would like.... but I love to see others with that "fish" eating grin. I was snapping so many pics I took over 500 on this day alone

this dirty little hole my buddy Jeff pulled 4 coho out of on thursday

IMGP1126.jpg

hidden boat, don't want those guides seeing where we were. My bro gearing up for the hike out. On thursday my buddy Jeff saw 3 bears in this stretch, I wasn't so lucky. Maybe I will see some on tuesday when i fish the upper chehalis canyon

IMGP1121.jpg

getting late in the night, it was a long dawn to dusk day.

You can see I have a rod in my hand, this was one of our double headers... the fish I landed was just over 6'

IMGP1300.jpg

IMGP1301.jpg

Hey guys just got in from the Chilliwack river. No real epic shots today as it was raining in a way I haven't seen in eons, and my DSLR isn't water proof. it fogged up pretty bad after a few pics and still hasn't returned to "clear" yet. I dont think I will be able to fish tomorrow as the Chilliwack was on it's way to blowing out, I watched it rise almost a metre in the last 2 hours alone. there was so much debris coming down river, I had several great hookups of leaves and branches... they don't fight so well after the intial snag.

I hooked up several chum.... we all did. I landed a coho on a green and silver christmas tree and I landed a nice 16" rainbow on a peach glo bug. My bro aslo landed a nice little bow. I also saw 3 springs landed but they don't seem to be in the system at the #s they should be right now. I was really hoping to fly fish today but being on the chilliwack there wasn't much room and I got a lot of dirty looks and bad comments so I was really forced to get out my drift rod. I was hoping to get into the vedder canal where the high water will bring in a lot more coho and there is tonnes of room to flyfish..... but my wife won that arguement, something about leaving her at my parents house for a few days while I fish from sun up to sun down.

I was hoping to fish the chehalis 1 more time but with this rain not letting up the chehalis blows out quick and no point wasting time on a unfishable water when I could hang out with family...I guess.

Today I fished from right below the limits hole and walked/waded down to where I could see the Kywak gates at Tamahi.

So I will drop a few pics once my camera clears up.

1 note I did break off a clouser and a christmas tree in the bend of the hooks on fish and I was only using 10lb tippet, strange but next time I will tie them myself and probably use gamagatsu drift hooks

I must find a way to move to BC.

personally I find the waters in alberta more relaxing and enjoyable, you have no idea how much pressure these water get and garbage every where shows, I could have easily filled several garbage bags in the few K's i walked. I was picking up line but soon stopped as I realized it was an excerise in futility.