Fly Fusion Forums

Skunked Again

Matt,

Walk and Wades at Policemen's SUCK (I know people on here will disagree) - I've caught only 1 fish w & w'ing there (in about 3 or 4 trips)... The ticket is to float that section, I've had AMAZING days (with Leadhead) down at P F... IMHO, there are better places to W & W... Don't waste your time w & w'ing at P F!

P

Need I say more, I hope you fellas are having better luch then me. Nada, nothing, nope, ....skunked.

Matt

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I walked and waded at Policeman's only once, and got skunked too. Not that it should be all that suprising, I get skunked everytime I go.

Was out for three or four hours this morning down stream of s**thole in Fish Creek park and was skunked mightyly.

Just par for the course for me.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

check the temp of the water shes getting cold fast. Its only going to get harder until we can ice fish. I was up at Rosin on Saturday and we only had 6 fish as apposed to the 75 on opening day

agreed. all those who complain about the river should be banished to the lethbridge oldman section.

:derby racer:

Nope no friggen :$*%&: way too many of you big city types down here as it is.....

I thought that the price of gas would keep you all in the chrome and smog palace...

He He He :masterbaiter:

There are no fish here anyway..

Wow. Policeman's flats sucks for w+w??? Are you nuts? Maybe the crowds now suck (about 40 cars there today) and that's the reason it sucks on days like this, but go ona chilly midweek morning...

I've had my fair share of 50+ fish days w+w up and down from Police. On average I've had a LOT of GREAT days in the area over the years.... against only a handfull of brutal ones. :)

Good advice. It took me over 1 year of flogging the Bow before I caught a trout over 6".

I have had great days with line screaming off the reel and days when the dog has better luck catching a duck then I do a fish I the Bow. I keep comming back for more and like to think I sorta know what I am doing but good day @ polieceman is 3 fish for me. This original post was ment to be an honest "i got skunked" post. Try again tomorrow.

Wow. Policeman's flats sucks for w+w??? Are you nuts? Maybe the crowds now suck (about 40 cars there today) and that's the reason it sucks on days like this, but go ona chilly midweek morning...

I've had my fair share of 50+ fish days w+w up and down from Police. On average I've had a LOT of GREAT days in the area over the years.... against only a handfull of brutal ones. :)

50+...bahahahaha!

I never said Policeman's sucks, I said that I suck.

I do need to hire Max for a morning or an afternoon to learn this damn river and how to find fish in it, and once I do, how to catch em.

I have received numerous amounts of advise on what to do, but until someone actually takes me and SHOWS me (I learn better that way), it's not going to help me too much.

I will continue to walk and wade this river hunting for fish. I am sure I will get skunked more days than not, but I won't let it discourage me......too much.