Fly Fusion Forums

Forum Rules And Everything In Between

Guys/Gals

From now on to keep things on track and for this place to remain a good forum we must enforce more rules.

So please review the following if you haven't already.

http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?showtopic=1784

General Forum Rules

1. Personal Attacks will NOT be tolerated

2. No racist, sexist, hateful, threatening, obscene, or otherwise rude remarks

3. Posting is a privilege, and not your right.

4. "Vigilante Moderating" will not be tolerated

5. Replying to offensive/flammatory posts makes you just as guilty

6. If you have nothing to contribute to a discussion, don't post

7. Do not cross-post threads. One thread is enough

8. Don't be annoying, respect your fellow members. Annoying everyone is enough of a reason to get yourself banned.

9. Discussion of piracy, and other illegal activities will not be tolerated

10. You must share all secret fishing spots with SanJuanWorm.

If your post has been edited with "Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting suspended or banned)." This means you have broken a rule. Please review them.

If you see anyone breaking these rules, click the "REPORT POST TO MODERATOR" button, one of the mods will take care of it. If you keep breaking these rules, you will be banned from the forums. If you're lucky, you'll get warned first.

On a more serious note:

I don't know if what I did during Glenbow's thread counts as vigilante moderating; I was trying - with good intentions (with the possible unintended consequences of leading straight to hell) - to try provide a moderate voice, first by responding to Missin, Pkk, then my little rant about the forum rules being broken.

Anyways, the point of this post is not to do a color commentary or play by play of what happened.

The point of this post is to publicly apologize to a fellow board member who has blocked me - justifiably so - from accepting my pm's.

LoyalEddie, I owe you a sincere apology for that pm I sent you. It was over-the-top, and it crossed the line - by a lot. It was unequivacably (sp?) a disgrace, and I am ashamed to have typed it then sent it.

Whatever I had to say, whatever point I was trying to make, was completely lost by my loss of control. Just because I said what I said in a "private" pm doesn't even come close to justifying what I said. For someone like me to point out what rules were being broken in Glenbow's thread, I turned right around and broke them myself. That could easily put me in the running being the biggest hypocrite of all.

What else can I say, except I am sorry, and there are times I am as weak as the next human being. I let my temper get the best of me, and for reasons purely idiotic, I decided that you would be my target. Completely unfair to you man. If I could take it back, I would. Including my smarta** reply in the StreamWatch Fundraiser thread.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, this morning's breakfast for me consisted, of yogurt, granola, humble pie, and crow.

I owe you a beer should we ever meet. :closedeyes:

Smitty

On a more serious note:

I don't know if what I did during Glenbow's thread counts as vigilante moderating; I was trying - with good intentions (with the possible unintended consequences of leading straight to hell) - to try provide a moderate voice, first by responding to Missin, Pkk, then my little rant about the forum rules being broken.

Anyways, the point of this post is not to do a color commentary or play by play of what happened.

The point of this post is to publicly apologize to a fellow board member who has blocked me - justifiably so - from accepting my pm's.

LoyalEddie, I owe you a sincere apology for that pm I sent you. It was over-the-top, and it crossed the line - by a lot. It was unequivacably (sp?) a disgrace, and I am ashamed to have typed it then sent it.

Whatever I had to say, whatever point I was trying to make, was completely lost by my loss of control. Just because I said what I said in a "private" pm doesn't even come close to justifying what I said. For someone like me to point out what rules were being broken in Glenbow's thread, I turned right around and broke them myself. That could easily put me in the running being the biggest hypocrite of all.

What else can I say, except I am sorry, and there are times I am as weak as the next human being. I let my temper get the best of me, and for reasons purely idiotic, I decided that you would be my target. Completely unfair to you man. If I could take it back, I would. Including my smarta** reply in the StreamWatch Fundraiser thread.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, this morning's breakfast for me consisted, of yogurt, granola, humble pie, and crow.

I owe you a beer should we ever meet. :closedeyes:

Smitty

Well firstly, apology not necessary. Everyone has a right to his or her own opinions and you expressed yours. The reason I blocked your PM’s is I don’t particular share the same opinion, especially your opinion of me. Now with that said, I am not saying you can’t hold your own opinion of me (most do) I choose not to read it. Freedoms of speech dose not mean you will be heard. Hence my lack luster response of “Are you done?” The Internet can be a scary means of communication. Because plain text in an e-mail is so flat, people can often misinterpret the "tone" of a message. Mind you there was no misinterpreting that.

I respect you for posting this and accept your apology. I sincerely hope the board will turn its’ self around (they usually do) and become a gathering place for those who share a common interest, Thus to share experiences, advice, and yes opinions, and do so respectfully. The countless hours that SanJuanWorm and his moderating team spend moderating this board go un-acknowledged. And I would like to thank them. I also urge the members of this board not to let it degenerate into an exchange of insults. Good healthy doses of debate are good, and so is occasional satire and humor after all, winters are long.

In conclusion I am not sweating the small stuff and if that is the worst thing someone says to me, I am O.K. with that too. As for the beer you wish to have with me. Absolutely, albeit needs to be in a well-lit public place, with lots of witnesses. :unsure:

Cheers

Matt :peesout:

If ffc gets shut down.... then what the hell am i going to do at work. Twiddle my thumbs... apparently rubber band fights are a no go. Seriously though, I got into fly fishing at the beggining of this year and have picked up and insane amount of information from alot of you on this site. If i throw up a post it is usually answered in no time ( That's the others wasting time at work) and usually very helpfull. Seeing the photos of some of the nicest fish blows my mind and usually gives me a topic to sit and day dream on for a while. As for the heated topics.... i think they are funny. BUT, If they are the cause of this site shutting down... it would be a sad day in my books.

Basically.... i need this to get through working a dental lab looking at models of teeth!

tight lines and fat fish

andy

Wow...go to Toronto for 3 days and look what I miss.

Dear Moderator - you're on crack if you think the last one is a valid rule. Oops...I just talked about something illegal. Do I get a warning? <--poke--<:peace:

Anyone remember the bulletin board BEFORE FFA? The magazine one? I learned my lesson there about all this junk. Until they made me a moderator. And then the power went to my head and I squashed a certain someone and took great pleasure in it cuz the jerk deserved it. Then it went away. Too bad.....much fun. Oh wait...I had a point. Good on ya Dave - moderating something like this is a full-time, thankless job for the most part. Do what you gotta do and to hell with the LoyalEddie's of the world ;):D

Smitty,

You are a @#$@#$@#

LoyalEddie,

You too are a @#%#% as well.

Don't know why I said that. I sincerely apologize.

Can I get a beer too now?

Rickr:

Haha. lol. Thanks for that. Yes, you now qualify for a beer. And Matt can bring as many witness's as he likes. ;)

Smitty (Mike Smith)